Car Audio Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First time poster here. Apologies if this is in the wrong place but im looking for some advice/help.

This is what im working with:
2019 Ford Explorer XLT 201a

LOC: AUDIO CONTROL LCQ-1

TWEETERS FRONT DOOR: SKAR AUDIO SK-T
Front KICK PANNEL: JBL GX963
REAR KICK PANNEL: JBL CLUB 6520
SUB: KICKER L5 SOLO BARIC 12 (08S12L52)
KICK PANNEL AND TWEETER AMP: POLK AUDIO P660A
SUB AMP: KENWOOD KAC-9104D
CENTER: STOCK FOR NOW

My kick pannel speakers are 2.3 ohm and the tweeters are 4. Would i can issues piggy backing off of the door speakers? If so what is another route i can take.

TIA!

I am not a car audio geek, but know a few things about drivers, amplitude and phase. And, I have respectably good (Porsche Bose) in one of my cars and a respectable Pioneer 80 PRS + aftermarket drivers in another car.

In my opinion, if your seeking colorful sound pressure, swap drivers add amplification and some EQ. It is easy to get colorful spl using this approach.

However, if you want coherent & clean sound you must, must, must get the phase correct. This is fairly easy with a Pioneer DEH 80 PRS . It will push some spl, but not enough to consistently damage your ears or run a subwoofer. Additional amplification is necessary to run a subwoofer or higher spl.

My 2c...

OK. So you're wanting to run the 6x9's and the new tweeters paralleled off the front 2 channels of the Polk amp, rear 6½'s off the rear 2 channels of the Polk, right?

Be sure to use the tweeter crossover, and that the amp isn't too cramped for airflow. Impedance is probably higher than you're expecting in the range where the Skars will be operating.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.