Cap type search

Any knows what type or brand are the blue caps marked 47p, 100, 220 and 470p?


  • Caps.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 71
These are Japanese copper foil polystyrene caps. They were sold in Paris by la maison de l'' audiophile. They were introduced in their magazine in 1986.
They are well constructed. Usually polysterene caps can be changed in shape if you squeeze them. These ones looks like a solid piece of '' plastic '' Which is important. you dont want you cap to rattle. In that time they did do some test to some caps and made them make music ( like the principle of electrostatic speaker)
These were used for riaa correction where they normally use dipped mica ( which has also a sturdy construction)
Greetings, Eduard