Can't open my Topping TP-20

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was hoping someone could help me. I have a TP20 MKII. I need to open it up, as I have damaged one of the RCA inputs (I broke an RCA cable in the jack and while trying to pull the broken part out of the jack, I managed to loosen the whole jack and I'm not getting a signal).

I've removed the 4 screws in the front and 4 in the back, but the unit does not slide apart. I guess I have to take the volume knob off, but can't see how to loosen the knob. There's a hole where a set screw would be, but it doesn't appear to be a set screw.

I'm sure this is really easy, but I'm stupid and can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's a pic of the volume knob

Attachments

• topping.jpg
    topping.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 100
As far as I can tell, the black case is solid all the way around - it does not have a top or bottom. The only way I can see getting at the inners is to slide the inside out from the black case, but I took the 4 screws off in both the front and the back with no success. I was hoping the only thing I could do was to get the volume knob off.

Mine is different from yours, Mark. It is a solid body - there is no top to remove. It has to be slid out. Which takes me back to the beginning - I assume I have to remove the volume knob, but cannot figure out how to get it off. It does not appear to be a screw.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.