Can't connect to Rod Elliott's site

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm unable to reach Rod Elliott's site for more than a week now on a Win10 PC.
Tried different browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Edge with the following error: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
I restarted the PC, all updates are in place, no other sites are affected.

Causes:

You typed the site name incorrectly into the search bar. I clicked the links in Google so no typing errors.
There is an internet connection error preventing your access. All other sites work.
Your firewall is blocking access to the website. Disabling it doesn't help.
An antivirus or a VPN is interfering with your network settings. AV= standard Windows defender, I do not use VPN
The domain has expired or is not registered. ??? I believe others can access the site.
Your DNS settings are not configured the right way.

I tried all options here: https://kinsta.com/knowledgebase/dns_probe_finished_nxdomain/

I'm out of ideas, reaching out to the smart(er) guys.

Hugo

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Perhaps there’s a geographical or IP address based reason.
Might...
It's been erratic for many weeks and now stopped completely.
I can ping 163.47.74.1 but when typed in the browser I get this error page:

DNS.jpg

On a windows machine open up a command prompt and type -
tracert sound-au.com
This will hopefully give an indication on where in the routing chain from your pc to the sound-au website fails, be mindful some internet routers may not respond to ping or tracert.
The first hop will be your router at home, the next couple of hops or so will be your ISP internal network
The end destination site should be - ipa32f4a01.ipv4.syd02.ds.network [163.47.74.1]

Reactions: 1 user
Last edited:
I have experienced accessing the site difficult since Rod's March Index page update. For a week or so few links from index worked so a DNS only issue is doubtful as mobile phone browser access and and FireFox on a PC s mostly impossible. I can access only using Edge. I'll give Rod a heads-up by email. Sometimes the server's admin posting panel can break things!

Joined 2003
Paid Member
For people who don't know how to change the DNS settings (that cured my problem, others seem to exist):
Control panel-> Network-> Change Adapter Settings-> Select Properties on your currently connected adapter-> Select Internet Protocol Version 4 -> Properties-> Fill the boxes with 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and check 'Validate settings upon exit'-> OK

DNS.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
I have experienced accessing the site difficult since Rod's March Index page update. For a week or so few links from index worked so a DNS only issue is doubtful as mobile phone browser access and and FireFox on a PC s mostly impossible. I can access only using Edge. I'll give Rod a heads-up by email. Sometimes the server's admin posting panel can break things!
Typo - meant to write Hosting Panel.