Can you see the SDE (individual pixels) with a 640x480 panel?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When i was first making my projector i just brought a 640x480 res panel, the image was good, but you can see the pixels, infact you can see the pixels even on 1024x768 but they are hardly noticable at that res for a normal size projection. I decided that if i was gonna build the damn thing then i might as well do it properly and i got an LCD monitor with 1024x769 res and stripped it, more work but def worth the extra effort.

I would recommend 800x600 min really, also windows XP doesnt work to well at 640x480 if your using xp.

:)

Yahmon,

I gave to my brother in law a Sharp XG1000U 640x480 projector as a present. Don' worry, it only cost me $30.00:D

With a 8ft wide image, even a 2x viewing distance, you can make out SDE. Probably using a paint that can help mask like ME will still not help in seeing it.

We followed that up with a 4805 a week later on the same wall at the same time and voila, little to no screendoor with the 4805, same viewing distance.

If your are going the stripped panel route , opt for a 15" flat panel and build it LL or DIYPC style. At the very least, go with a lilliput.

And don't compare it to your dad's Toshiba:D

Victor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.