can you power a 12v class D amp board off.......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
can you power a 12v class D amp board off a single 18650 battery IF you use a DC 3.3/3.7V to 12V booster like this?

dc 3.3v 3.7v 5v 6v to 12v boost voltage regulator module converter step up power supply board Sale - Banggood.com

i have one of these on the way, but looking at running 8 (4 per channel series/parallel) 1.5 inch DA CE32's in a tiny box

pam8610 digital amplifier board 2x15w dual channel stereo class d Sale - Banggood.com

8 may be a stretch, but this is a cheap little portable build idea i wanted to try and wasnt sure if the single battery a) possible and b) will cause an issue with charging, but considering a wall plug is 5v i thought i would ask.

I was thinking along those lines, spend 10 bucks, get amp, boost, 1sBMS and BT board and build something. Got plenty of 5v wall chargers. just looked at the amp again, looks like it can run off a range between 6-15v and I bet the 15w per channel is based on a 4ohm speaker and at 15v PS....not to mention it's probably bogus rating lol

Last edited:
That claim about output power isn't completely bogus...

The datasheet says you can reach that with 15W @ 8ohms with a bit over 14 volt supply, but the THD+N will be 10%.

With 12 volt supply you can get 8 watts @ 8 ohms with THD+N 1%.

And these values are from the chip manufacturers reference design.

But that is a interesting tiny little board, might need to get couple to play with.

They are cheap enough to get a couple and see what you can achieve. I ordered a couple of smaller 5v ones and a li-on charger BMS 1s which will be interesting. Cant believe how cheap some of this gear is, but could be hit and miss and due to the size put my soldering skills to the test, let's just say I won't be a surgeon haha

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.