Can anyone help me with finding a schematic & parts list for Accustat medallion MK 141-B?

If you want to hang with the Big Dogs, please spell the name of the product correctly: it's ACOUSTAT.

MK141 Schematic and Parts List attached. This schematic does not include the C-Mod. Note the MK141 is a limited range interface, designed to be used with its companion woofer. Without the woofer, this is not a full range speaker. Please note the interface contains high voltages and specialized parts, so arbitrarily "upgrading" parts is generally not recommended. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Attachments

• MK141 Schematic - Parts List.pdf
    126.6 KB · Views: 81
If you want to hang with the Big Dogs, please spell the name of the product correctly: it's ACOUSTAT.

MK141 Schematic and Parts List attached. This schematic does not include the C-Mod. Note the MK141 is a limited range interface, designed to be used with its companion woofer. Without the woofer, this is not a full range speaker. Please note the interface contains high voltages and specialized parts, so arbitrarily "upgrading" parts is generally not recommended. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Hello
Thank you for your response. Since the MK 141-B is not full range, can it still be listenable? Do you know the frequency response? I don;t know the model number but I can send you a photo of the speaker. Thank you
Anthony

The MK-141B with single panel (which is an Acoustat Model One) rolls off around 150 Hz. This response is limited by the step-up transformer and cannot be extended. So, while you can certainly listen to the speaker, it will be definitely bass-shy. The Model One was supplied with a companion passive woofer module - note the "Woofer Out" terminals on the rear of the interface. If the woofer didn't come with your Model Ones, you'll need to use an external subwoofer (or two). You can search "Acoustat Model One" for images of the complete system with woofer.

The MK-141B with single panel (which is an Acoustat Model One) rolls off around 150 Hz. This response is limited by the step-up transformer and cannot be extended. So, while you can certainly listen to the speaker, it will be definitely bass-shy. The Model One was supplied with a companion passive woofer module - note the "Woofer Out" terminals on the rear of the interface. If the woofer didn't come with your Model Ones, you'll need to use an external subwoofer (or two). You can search "Acoustat Model One" for images of the complete system with woofer.
Hello Andy
Thanks again! Any suggestion on an inexpensive subwoofer? Does it have to be a powered one or not.
Anthony

Hey Andy Keith Heise here (Korbon Trading days in the 80s), just retired 25 years with a Bank here in Canada and pulling some old parts out of boxes that have been in storage for years. Looking up the MK141 Interfaces and was seeking some info on what I had. Saw you still active! Wonderful to see your response and hope you are well/ Take care my friend! keith.heise@gmail.com will find me if you wanted to ping me outside of this forum.

Hello Keith, yes, I remember you. Looking forward to retirement myself...soon! Yes, crazy as it may seem, I am still providing customer service for a product line now 30+ years extinct. But the speakers keep on running, and so I continue to support the product. It's my connection to the "good ol' days" and I enjoy doing it.

Reactions: 1 user