CamillaDSP for piCorePlayer

I want to run the attached python script that will control the CamillaDSP volume from a remote using FLIRC. I have it running on a RPi with CamillaDSP on Ubuntu 23.10, but other than evdev , it appears that TinyCore is missing a bunch of needed python functions.
Are there instructions somewhere to load the missing python functions?

Attachments

• flirc.zip
    1 KB · Views: 35
@maravedis, to get it working with headphones:
1. In Squeezelite settings, Audio Output Device Settings - select Headphones from the drop down list and save and reboot, then in Change Squeezelite settings - for Output setting, click on the red "more>" and select camilladsp and save.
2. In CamillaDSP devices tab, Capture device, type = stdin, channels = 2, sampleformat = S16LE
Playback device, type = Alsa, channels = 2, sampleformat = S16LE, device = plughw:Headphones.

Here is my Squeezelite command string : /usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n "RPi4b-pCp8-233" -o camilladsp -a 80:::0: -b 20000:6000 -r 44100,48000,88200,96000 -R v::4:28:95:105:45 -v
and attached is headphones.yml .

I am using CamillaDSP with a Motu Ultralight Mk5 for crossover and phase correction on my modified Klipschorns, see
https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/rpi4-camilladsp-tutorial.29656/post-1579025

Attachments

• Headphones.zip
    417 bytes · Views: 27
Reactions: 1 user
So, I'm now trying to get it working with my M5. I've set Audio device output to USB Audio
and in Camilla I've set Playback device - Type = Alsa, Channels = 22, Sample format = S24LE3 and Device = hw:UltraLitemk5

I had it working for a few seconds but now its says 'Squeezelite is not running'
And rebooting doesn't help. Can you help? Thanks!

So, I'm now trying to get it working with my M5. I've set Audio device output to USB Audio
and in Camilla I've set Playback device - Type = Alsa, Channels = 22, Sample format = S24LE3 and Device = hw:UltraLitemk5

From my other system, Playback device - Type = Alsa, Channels = 18, Sample format =S24LE3 and device = hw:UltraLitemk5

/usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n "RPi4b-pCp8-233" -o camilladsp -a 80:4::0: -b 20000:6000 -r 96000,96000 -R v::4:28:95:105:45 -v

Try that change.
Michael has some good setup instructions for the Motu ULMk5 in his thread
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/rpi4-camilladsp-tutorial.29656/ , post 2 or 3.

The attached zip is of my KHorn xover.

Attachments

• _T52_S01 Sqz.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 30
Hi Johannes, I've just installed piCorePlayer and check that it works with my Young dac using usb.
Then I use ssh to launch your script and the installation went flawless.
But in "device" I don't know what to type as device name. "USB Dac" as named in squeezlite settings doesn't work and the magnifying glass show me no device.

I solved my problem going back to ssh and launching the command "squeezebox -l", so I read the it simply name my dac with its name: Young.
Now CamillaDSP is running and I must understand what to do now :D

Last edited:
Not sure if youre still having problems or you got it right.

Squeeze needs to be directed to output setting "camilladsp" and in camilladsp gui you add your dac as playback device, something like "hw: Young"

I think you would bypass camilladsp otherwise

Reactions: 1 user