CamillaDSP - Cross-platform IIR and FIR engine for crossovers, room correction etc.

@HenrikEnquist, thanks ..i will try it later today.

Another dumb question to the folks here ....i see lot you all posting the code in an embedded box within your post....how do you all do that? thanks
Just click the Code symbol #, that will insert a code block. Anything out in there should keep its formatting. That works most of the time but sometimes it gets a bit messed up anyway.

my goal is to go headless...like a pi....i want to be able to airplay from my iphone/ spotify to the SBC....what program do you use to enable that functionality?..ie make the SBC a Airplay receiver
I think you are looking for shairport-sync, which is an airplay receiver for linux. I haven't tried it myself.

The new macOS Big Sur has been out for a few days now. Apple dropped support for my old but still perfectly good mac, meaning I don't have any way of testing. Quite annoying! Can someone give it a try and report what works and what doesn't?

I have found conflicting reports on whether SoundFlower and Blackhole work properly. That's on Intel cpus, they currently do not work at all on the new Arm cpus. I don't expect CamillaDSP itself to have any issues, but without a working loopback things get very limited.

Ok, by "it works" I just mean that it starts and produces sound that isn't obviously distorted in some way. I have not investigated bit-perfectness, that has probably not improved.
The SoundFlower/Blackhole problems I read about were much worse things like badly distorted sound, completely wrong playback speed, or no sound at all. At the same time others write that they both work just fine.

Hi here all :)

Hope everybody is okay!

Well i have a 1/2 offtopic quistion here.
I bought this esp32 devkit v1 pinout -Use Arduino for Projects ESP32 devkit1 and i played some with it allready.

The thing can do wifi & bluetooth, and for a quick start i installed an mgtt brooker on my pCP raspberry pi on my testrig, to test if the ESP32 can send text through wifi/mqtt.
This seem's to work fine but i'am i doubt which kind of communication i shall use for sending encoder data (turn left / turn right / 1 click / 2 click) from the ESP32 to th Pi where camilladsp resides, for controlling the volume (as @TNT suggested many post's ago)
Also this ESP32 module have to be battery powered, so using either bluetooth or wifi i'am not sure which is most effective and less power hungry here?

Anyway i was hoping someone of all you clever one's here can guide me some way and gives suggestion howto archive this simple data transfer from ESP32 to Raspberrypi camilladsp setup for volume and perhaps play/pause control.

If i success in making some progress i will start a dedicated thread, but right now i need to know which way is the smartest to choose for this?!

Jesper.

v0.4.0 is released: Release v0.4.0 * HEnquist/camilladsp * GitHub
The main change since the last beta is that you can now use the tokens $samplerate$ and $channels$ in filenames and filter/mixer names in the config. They will be replaced by the global samplerate and the number of channels of the capture device. You can also override some settings in the config with command line parameters. See the changelog and the readme for details!

Four channel Camilladsp config fails

Dear All,
I want to change 3.5 way tower crossover from minidsp to Camilladsp/Raspi.
I will post some thoughts on hardware later. Got early setup (Raspi+Hifiberry DigiIO+HMDI extract+Camilla) already working:)

For learning and experimenting, I have Camilladsp installed on an old PC running Ubuntu 20.04 + SoundBlaster Audigy2. This is also working quite good. I was able to create some configs.yml. But in 2 channel mode only. Here comes my problem, I want to ask the experts in this forum for hits:

When I try to define a four channel setup, I always get (various) errors

devices:
samplerate: 44100
chunksize: 1024
target_level: 512
adjust_period: 10
capture:
type: Alsa
channels: 2
device: "hw:Loopback,0,1"
format: S16LE
playback:
type: Alsa
channels: 4:eek:
device: "hw:surround40":confused: (or others like "hw:Audigy2,0,0", same for the onboard soundcard)

format: S16LE

Errors (always just one) when starting Camilladsp are for example:
ERROR camilladsp - Playback error: ALSA function 'snd_pcm_open' failed with error 'ENODEV: No such device'
or

ERROR camilladsp - Playback error: ALSA function 'snd_pcm_hw_params_set_rate' failed with error 'EINVAL: Invalid argument'
or
ERROR camilladsp - Playback error: ALSA function 'snd_pcm_hw_params_set_channels' failed with error 'EINVAL: Invalid argument'

I tried already a lot, but it feels like digging in the mud. I´m not the greatest Linux pro, so I come close to the end of ideas. Any help much apprechiated. I hope, that I can give back and contribute to a wonderful CamillaSystem

What information would you need, to help me futher?

Best!
Josef

I am also learning, but experienced guys mostly ask for output of aplay -l and aplay -L.
And also using speaker-test or aplay for testing output, something like:
Code:
cat /dev/zero | aplay -c8 -fS16_LE -r44100 -D"hw:1,3,0"
-c4 would be for 4 channels, but maybe better start with 2

or
Code:
speaker-test -r 48000 -D hw:1,3 -c 8

I guess the card number (the first one after hw:) is not 0, because Loopback already took number card 0. Audigy has more devices, playback device (so the second number after the card) can be number 2 or 3?

I did run speaker-test two and four channel with no problem on the Audigy2, the onboard CK804, the Nvidia (=HDMI) and Loopback.

e.g.: speaker-test -D hw:2,2 -c 4 runs perfect whereas

Camilladsp config device: "hw:2,2" or "hw:2,2,0" causes and error

Btw: using loopback as four channel output, Camilladsp runs with no error

Part of my aplay -l (similar for card0 and 1):

Karte 2: Audigy2 [SB Audigy 2 ZS [SB0360]], Gerät 0: emu10k1 [ADC Capture/Standard PCM Playback]
Sub-Geräte: 32/32
Sub-Gerät #0: subdevice #0
Sub-Gerät #1: subdevice #1
Sub-Gerät #2: subdevice #2
Sub-Gerät #3: subdevice #3
Sub-Gerät #4: subdevice #4
Sub-Gerät #31: subdevice #31
Karte 2: Audigy2 [SB Audigy 2 ZS [SB0360]], Gerät 2: emu10k1 efx [Multichannel Capture/PT Playback]
Sub-Geräte: 8/8
Sub-Gerät #1: subdevice #1
Sub-Gerät #2: subdevice #2
Sub-Gerät #3: subdevice #3
Sub-Gerät #4: subdevice #4
Sub-Gerät #5: subdevice #5
Sub-Gerät #6: subdevice #6
Sub-Gerät #7: subdevice #7
Karte 2: Audigy2 [SB Audigy 2 ZS [SB0360]], Gerät 3: emu10k1 [Multichannel Playback]
Sub-Geräte: 1/1
Karte 2: Audigy2 [SB Audigy 2 ZS [SB0360]], Gerät 4: p16v [p16v]
Sub-Geräte: 1/1

Part of my aplay -L (similar for card0 and 1):

surround21:CARD=Audigy2,DEV=0
SB Audigy 2 ZS [SB0360], ADC Capture/Standard PCM Playback
2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers
surround40:CARD=Audigy2,DEV=0
4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
surround41:CARD=Audigy2,DEV=0
4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers

Dear Henrik and XORCZ,
THX for your advice!
I need to crosscheck, but it looks as if the Audigy2 needs to be addressed via e.g. "surround40:Audigy2" whereas e.g. "hw:2,1" mostly does not work. I only found one multichannel combination which was working as expected.
I have also tried it already in Camilladsp: perfect!
So, a good step for me.:eek:
Best
Josef

Btw: Audigy2 can handle 44100, 48000 and 96000