Cambridge Audio Azur 640a problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for your offer, will keep you updated.

Have anybody any idea how to fix that... or must I assembling the toroid and unwreathe few turns to get 31V at other secondaries to?

You can put 3 or 4 diodes in series after the bridge rectifier but before filter capacitor to give you desired voltage drop(Just to chk your doubts). But I don't think that's going to help in reducing DC offset. Usually amp designers provide trimmer pots on pcb to reduce DC offset. I have it in my NAD C352 amp.

Amp is working and it doesn*t go into protection, but for my feeling the DC offset is tooo high.

DC protection kicks in between/above 1 to 2V DC offset. 800mV is too high when we are talking about headphone amps. In your case that much DC is still within tolerance limits of power amp/speakers. BTW some class D amps give out around 500mV of offset which is considered "normal".

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.