calling all (t)MTM professionals

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is for 1 speaker but I do have doulbe of what is listed
Cabinet size 24 "H X 10" D X 10" W
here is what I have 2 W14RC25-04 in their sized 10.5 W X 8.5 H X 8.5 D cabinet space
1 XT25TG30-04
1 bose 2.5 tweeter optional addition on a plate that moves to allow for phase align that can be added
Here is my idea and crossover so what is the best choice
I am think of getting equal power to the mid/woofers for better sound and less inter-reaction between the impedance in series and how it affect the sound
linear impedance is around 70 to 4000 from 4 down to 2 ohms
if allow up to 12 ohms of impedance I get up 40Hz at the low end
I chose 3khz and preferr 12k for 2 octave spread
I do not know how well the Vifa is able to radiat off axis in the 3k to 16k and it about 2db above 90db which is where the silverflute are very smoothe at
I do not have the FR Graph and impedance yet I am hoping that the bose tweeter will be smother in the 3k to 12k range I add another capacitor in series to drop the capcitance to the next xover point and using a l pad to adjust the brightness and drop off with impedance going up where the other comes in or use a notch filter to slope down and out if need be
I used the calculators at http://ccs.exl.info/calc_cr.html#second
I chose the impedance of the Vifa also at 4 ohm
The two coils add together for the inductance of the lower tweeter and the smaller coil for the inductor for the higher frequency
I am still working on the cabinet dimensions
here is something you can help me on I heard not to place the speaker in the middle of the cabinet wall suggestion on place ment

Attachments

• 2009_0223xover0001.jpg
    2009_0223xover0001.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 186
Doesn't matter that much where you place the speaker on such a baffle, just a little.

More important to mount flush, and get rid of edge diffraction effects - by far.

Don't know what the Bose thing is - lose it. Bose drivers are junk.

I don't like 2nd order xovers at all.
You might.

No resistor in series with the woofer - unless ur mids/tweets have no sensitivity, or you need to reduce the Qe to get higher Qt to try to make some bass, in which case make the box larger first?

If this is your first, or just first one with "real" drivers, don't get too fine, make it possible to get at the xovers (external?) so that you can change and tweak it.

Go for it.

Skip the worries.

_-_-bear

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.