Calibrate CD Player with Eye pattern

EYE PATTERN

I managed to get the eye pattern on my oscilloscope( thanks to members on this forum ). I made a YouTube video above.

Now I get a lot of bouncing on the eye pattern and it gets worse with the last tracks on the cd.

I have tried moving the pots other than the laser output but don’t see much change.

What am I doing wrong or is there anything else I can do to fix it. Also I really need an angled pot adjusting flat screwdriver as when the last track is selected there is no room for a straight screwdriver to fit from the back.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 40
I managed to get a better signal but now when I click fast forward on last track it seems to jump to the previous track as in this video. What am I doing wrong ? Also I notice on some tracks when I click pause the eye pattern is not very clear but when I click play it seems to get better.

Fast Forward Video

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 13
I have bought 5 KSS 240As. All required minor adjustments. Only one I was lucky that it just worked great. I do eventually get the tracking control right but by trial and error by moving the pot slightly to the left or to the right which is not ideal now I have the oscilloscope there must be a more accurate way to do tracking control and focus balance.