Cactus 5K outputs(clone)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I typed them in reverse in accident.DC line is drain and other is gate.The gate amplitude is higher than drain before it begins to slope downward.Its 50v vertical on the scope.I tried to close up a good view that the gate is higher than the drain on the front side of the waveform.
I don't like that the gate signal has an angle and some distortion to it.
The speaker output is clean,doesn't draw excessive current.
Have you seen high side signals like this before? All four banks look this way.

It exploded a couple outputs and a ir21844.Back to the battery trick.
Here's a high side gate waveform.Its square but there is a little ringing on the corners.
Three out of 4 high side banks look this way.One is square with no ringing.
I'm assuming I have a problem.
Just realized I'm in quick reply.....picture coming next

High side gate

Attachments

• IMG_20140901_115500_076.jpg
    IMG_20140901_115500_076.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 97
I went ahead and cut the traces between high side out from driver board and gate resistors to try to narrow down where the ringing is coming from.
With the traces cut,I still have ringing on 3 out of the 4 high side outs.
All 4 ir21844's have identical input square waves.
Do I have shotty driver ic's? Unfortunetly I have no more new ones at the moment.
I tried used ones but it seems they damage to easy and they didn't work at all.
You ever seen this type of ringing perry?
Btw,driver ic's came from Arrow which I would assume would have been legitimate.

You're going to have to put a bit more effort into this. First, you didn't provide the scope settings and didn't have the scope set to the 'best initial settings'. That makes the images virtually useless.

You don't realize that we can't see what you've done. You need to provide photos and circuit board designations for all components being discussed.

You didn't say what the voltages were across the capacitors.

You didn't say if the oddball driver waveforms were from the IC driving the failed FETs.

You didn't say what caused them to fail.

The FETs that blew were old test FETs and I don't know 100% why they failed and took out 1 driver IC.
The reason I never posted the voltage across the caps was because I had all output FETs removed and a 9 volt battery installed across them
At this point, all outputs are removed.I have a 9 volt pigtail wired across each driver ic.
There is slight ringing on three of the HO legs of the four driver ic's.
One driver ic HO leg is perfectly square with no ringing.

Posting pics shortly

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.