Cable Recommendations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Need to reposition my sub and require 30' of cable. Was going to use quad sheild RG6 and crimp on some RCA ends. Neighbor came over and said there is some pretty good Belkin coax cable that uses copper sheild, blah blah blah.
Anyone have recommendation and a part number of some good cable.

GM

Joined 2003
Even ganging together leftover junk interconnects are normally good enough for 50 ft sub amp runs, so all you need is the cheapest RG59 available locally or from here: For only $4.60 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 50ft Coaxial Audio/Video RCA Cable M/M RG59U 75ohm (for S/PDIF, Digital Coax, Subwoofer & Composite Video) | High Quality Digital Audio Cables

Or the longer run capability of RG6 if you've been swayed by marketing hype or have real world RF interference issues where you live such as near an airport like I do: For only $8.09 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 50ft High-quality Coaxial Audio/Video RCA CL2 Rated Cable - RG6/U 75ohm (for S/PDIF, Digital Coax, Subwoofer & Composite Video) | High Quality RG6 Digital Audio 24K Gold-Plated Cables w/ Fancy Connector

GM

I used regular RG6 for a 30' run to a sub on my friends home theatre but I used the compression R CA's from audiotronic(gold plated). They were a good deal and really solid when pulled. When fired up and running there was no noticeable hum or hiss induced into the reg RG6.

Keep in mind that coax cable is 75 ohm. I rewired a 4 room hifi store that used coax in wall for subs and just switching to generic ok quality RCA cable made a world of difference. Spend around 40 bucks on a 30 foot cable, says I.

While 75 Ohms is surely the most common value, other common co-ax's are available from about 30 Ohms to 150 Ohms. And a very few with even higher values.

Hi guys,

I like to use FTP (foil shielded twisted pair). Use the pair for signal transport, and the foil (w/shield wire) for shielding. Connect the shield at the sending side only. 24 (or 22) AWG is fine, this cable is great for all kinds of audio signal transmissions.

Regards,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.