Cabinet weight and sub output question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Never put a brace exactly in the middle of a panel as you create 2 panels with the same resonant frequency. Asymmetric bracing will work best.

Mother nature uses 1:phi or 1:~1.61803399 or about 5:8 this is the golden ratio and when used for bracing will have the least resonance.

Never put a brace exactly in the middle of a panel as you create 2 panels with the same resonant frequency. Asymmetric bracing will work best.

Mother nature uses 1:phi or 1:~1.61803399 or about 5:8 this is the golden ratio and when used for bracing will have the least resonance.

It really did not occur to me to think about the golden proportions for the reinforcements, which I calculated for the enclosure and finally discarded.
Well, I suppose I could live without this detail ...... although "never" : eek: is too categorical, do you think that it will affect the sound in an audible way ? (in a subwoofer )

read "never" as "for optimum performance don't " ;)

Thickness of the boards used will compensate for that. IMO sub-woofers can be built a lot lighter when designed correctly for it. Have a look at boats or planes and especially mother nature as she has the best designs.
Biggest problem is us understanding them; if you think you know more then 10% of anything, you are probably wrong.

read "never" as "for optimum performance don't " ;)

Thickness of the boards used will compensate for that. IMO sub-woofers can be built a lot lighter when designed correctly for it. Have a look at boats or planes and especially mother nature as she has the best designs.
Biggest problem is us understanding them; if you think you know more then 10% of anything, you are probably wrong.

I'll tell you that it's definitely not my case, I know a lot about wooden structures, (simple and complex).
I built boats like the one used by Vito Dumas and bigger still ...
From zero to 100%, paint included. I had a small shipyard, and I was closely related to great naval designers. The pleasure boats were my passion before the audio.

Vito Dumas - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

PS: The English version is very short, read it from the Spanish version translated into your language.

Sorri OT

;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.