CAB 2000.1 Protection Flashing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have all 4 connections circled desoldered and jumpered to the board individually to their respective pads.

Attachments

• 20190421_132659.jpg
    20190421_132659.jpg
    670.3 KB · Views: 38
OK, so you only have jumpers on one transformer.

I thought you had desoldered the outer secondary windings on both transformers to see if the problem would be duplicated with the windings of the other transformer desoldered.

For the problem transformer, were the jumpers (when you had 2) on the outer terminals?

Do you have the lamp?

Yes I am only.working with the problem transformer.

Jumpers we're on outer secondary windings. Desoldered amp has good square wave but when attached I get the flashing protect.

I can use a simple incandescent bulb for brake light tomorrow.

Last edited:
Don't cut the plug off of it. Either run wire through the holes in each prong or use push-on connectors to connect to the plug.

Make sure it's in the on position (measure across the prongs to make sure it's not an open circuit. Solder one wire to one of the outer secondary wires. The other wire will go to that secondary terminal was soldered to the board. You are replacing your jumper wire with the lamp. Disconnect the jumper for the other secondary winding. What happens when you try to power up the amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.