busted vega. could use some help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just bought a pair of cerwin vega RE-30 speakers for $50 bucks but found out after the fact :( that the mid on one of them doesn't product any sound. I hooked up a speaker mid from an sm225 and it produced sound so I assume the wiring at least is good but chances are the cerwin mid has a blown voice coil as the speaker itself seems to move freely.

where can I find parts to replace this and would it really be worth it to do so? so far the only thing I have found that seems to be close is a mid from a cerwin dx-9. it looks fairly similar but I know looks doesn't mean much with how much alike it would sound.
any help here guys?

lol I honestly didn't even think of checking with cerin directly. though I admit I'm not quite wanting to as a first resort being most the times dealers are expensive for replacement parts. I at least sent them an email just in case though

I just iwish I knew what others peakers are compatible as it seems like a lot of manufacs use the same drivers for many different speakers.

sorry I don't know if I said that right. it seems like some speakers aren't quite off the shelf products that any manufact can use but rather many speakers from the same manufact might use the same driver. kind of like ( or at least my hope) is that the mid used in this cerwin speaker might of also been used in 3 other cerwin model of speakers lets say. though granted I could very well be wrong on this though and you understood what I was trying to say the first time around :). what can I say I'm still learning

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.