Burning Amp Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
epy6ymy8.jpg

I am very much interested to know how this OB sounds. I hope there will be an article for that one, as it doesn't look hard to build, it looks interesting and it is not too big. It may include a trick in the crossover, so I hope Nelson will write a DIY article about it...

The open baffles sounded extremely good - as good as or better than anything at BA.

The woodwork was done by Nelson's neighbor Jerry who was also there. The woofers are slot loaded, down firing, Eminence Definimax 15's IIRC. The bass was very clean and balanced well with the Lowthers.

The system was an Oppo driving a B5 into an F5T for the bass. The Lowthers were driven by whatever amplifier was being auditioned. The crossover frequencies and the driver phasing were somewhat interesting and unusual, but I will let Nelson talk about that.

Graeme

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
So, Mike, when are you going to tell us more about LumenAria?

Most of the prototyping work is done and the wrting is perhaps 20% there. Then I have to find a home for it. It didn't get any play at the show, so you'll have to take me at my word when I say it sounds really nice. Now, if i can just convince Wayne to loan me an XP for proper comparison :)

Status
Not open for further replies.