Burning Amp Is November 9 & 10, 2019!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Can you expound a bit on what will be covered in the measurements workshop?

Well Demian Martin and Bob Cordell are the experts and are busy developing the workshop outline.

I do know that in addition to talking about measuring equipment and doing actual measurements they intend to talk about:
What to measure and why?
How to interpret the measurement
Is there a connection between measurements and sound?

And from another of their emails:
We need a broad outline and to show how electronic and acoustic measurements work together (and maybe point out that the magic dividing line between speakers and electronics needs to be abandoned).

Hope this helps.

-Tom-

Just a heads up, Tom,

The EventBrite signup page doesn't apply the $10 credit for those bringing a project to display. I signed up for the main event and the build workshop, specified I was bringing a project, and was charged $60 plus the EventBrite fee.

Also, it said the lunch is sold out, so I wasn't able to add that to my total.

Cheers,

Greg

Last edited:
Just a heads up, Tom,

The EventBrite signup page doesn't apply the $10 credit for those bringing a project to display. I signed up for the main event and the build workshop, specified I was bringing a project, and was charged $60 plus the EventBrite fee.

Also, it said the lunch is sold out, so I wasn't able to add that to my total.

Cheers,

Greg

Same here. I’m not bringing a project, so I can’t comment on the $10 off the ticket price. But it did show lunch was sold out/ not available for the build session.

Just mentioning it in case it can be updated for other build attendees. Not a big deal for me.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
So as far as the $10 credit, there was no way I could set that up with Eventbrite so instead I offered the "Exhibitor Bonus" the free t-shirt instead.

Everyone should be able to get the Lunch. I don't know why it has limited it to 1 for the entire event!! Eventbrite support is not reachable at this time.

First time using Eventbrite - so always a nerve-wracking experience.....

I have everyones email, so I should be able to sort it out eventually. Thanks for your patience.

-Tom-

I'm in for the Build Workshop!! Super stoked! Thanks Tom for organizing this! Thanks Jim for leading the workshop! And thanks to Papa for the parts and design!

I'm planning on bringing a few things I built for Sunday as well as something I'm more practiced at making - HOT SAUCE! Scorpion & Ghost this year.

So as far as the $10 credit, there was no way I could set that up with Eventbrite so instead I offered the "Exhibitor Bonus" the free t-shirt instead.

Everyone should be able to get the Lunch. I don't know why it has limited it to 1 for the entire event!! Eventbrite support is not reachable at this time.

First time using Eventbrite - so always a nerve-wracking experience.....

I have everyones email, so I should be able to sort it out eventually. Thanks for your patience.

-Tom-
No worries, Tom. You're good.. ;)
Thanks again.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Lunch Pre-Order Doesn't Seem to be Working!

But you can always buy a lunch ticket for $10 at the door.

The rest seems to be working. I see lots of people are getting the Exhibitor Bonus t-shirts, so that at least seems fine.

Any problems please report them to me and I will do my best to straighten them out.

50 minutes in and the Build Workshop is already half full, with good sales for both the Measurement Workshop and the Sunday Main Event.

(Eventbrite seems to be unreachable, even to open a case, before Monday morning.)

-Tom-

Joined 2004
Paid Member

-Tom-

Folks:

Now wait a minute. I started the registration process promptly at the appointed hour and was offered the lunch. I successfully ordered for one, which apparently consists of forty pounds of Saag Paneer, Chicken Tikka Masala and Chana Masala, and eighty Naans. I am happy to share with everyone else who puts down their $10, though, so long as there's no pushing in line.

This will be my fifth BAF, and at this stage it's looking pretty damn good.

Regards,
Scott

I'm signed in for the measurement workshop + main event. I indicated that I was going to bring something to show off but didn't spot a bit about the t-shirt? Nor did I see a thing for the lunch. Perhaps my own inattentiveness. I'd like both... hopefully can sort it out at the event or via communication here.

Hey a question: Last year was my first trip to burning amp, and I was expecting to take advantage of the fact that it ran until 7:30. But everyone came back after the raffle and broke everything down around 4:30 and the place quickly turned into a ghost town!

I'm driving in, so I'll be hitting the hotel after the show and driving away Monday morning. Last year by 6:00 I was kinda scratching my head as to what to do with myself. Any late-stayers interested in hanging on a bit at the event or adjourning to dinner somewhere?

Big thanks to all the organizers involved!

Joined 2010
Paid Member
AdamThorne: There are four rooms in Building C. Things will be jumping there 9am until 7:30, when we will start cleanup. The speakers (and lunch) are at the Firehouse. Shorter Takes 10-noon, lunch, Keynote Speakers 1-4pm.

mordikai: Projects to display and audition only happens on Sunday, so bring them 8:30 for early setup before the doors open at 9am.

-Tom-

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.