Burning Amp 2018!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm going to bring my usual Arduino RF remote controlled PGA preamp with me. I'd like to travel lighter this year, if possible, so I'd like to split my table with someone or someones who want to add an amp and spkrs to the mix. I'll have an audio source and DAC with me.

Hey, I'd love to lend an amplifier and some foamcore speakers, I'm bringing a 20 watt tube amplifier, two sets of foamcore karlsonators, as well as the tube flea amplifier. A nice DAC and source would be nice together. The speakers aint too fancy looking, but sound great lol.

I just packed up four Modulus-86 Rev. 2.3 boards (two sets of two boards) for the raffle. The LM3886es would go nicely with those.

Tom

Sweet. I'll have to get the chips over to you somehow!

Last edited:
Air Canada hasn't said a peep. If this is scheduled maintenance, I'd imagine it's already factored into the various flight plans.
Quite likely. Hope your trip was uneventful (including the security "gauntlet"). I thought of that yesterday while watching an Air Canada jet land during yesterday's layover at LAX.

Got the monoblocks through without a hitch by following my own advice. Packed together in their bag - and inside their foam cases - they measured 23.5" x 9.75" x 16.0" - at the very ragged edge of my airline's carry on limit (even had to assist a flight attendant in closing the overhead compartment).

Counting down the hours! Woo-hoo!! :)

Quite likely. Hope your trip was uneventful (including the security "gauntlet"). I thought of that yesterday while watching an Air Canada jet land during yesterday's layover at LAX.

I followed your advice: Put two amps in my checked luggage with cardboard and foam so they wouldn't chew through the suitcase and 1" thick insulation foam along the heat sinks for the same reason. They look like they arrived unscathed. We'll see tomorrow when they're plugged in and turned on. :)
My suitcase weighed in at 22.7 kg. 23 kg is the max without triggering additional luggage fees.

The third amp went in the carry-on with cardboard protecting the bag and styrofoam alongside the heat sinks. I arrived at the airport about two hours before departure and let the security guys know that I was carrying a piece of electronic equipment that would pique their interest. They told me to take it out of the bag, so I did. They swabbed it down with their magic wand and determined it wasn't explosive and let me through.

Only semi-snag was that my carry-on bag meets the airline max dimensions to the micron, so the overhead bin in the little CRJ puddle jumper plane required some manly persuasion in order to close. No biggie.

I shall wander to dinner now. See you fellas in a few. Life is good.

Tom

Please take care about to give the remote control to all talks for better slides synchronisation.
Records video's with full size schematic show is help to better to understanding.
Thanks for all great organisation work!
Have a fabulous Burning Amp 2018 :cheerful:

Attachments

• B11B66C8-316A-4447-BE08-9D681F854FE8.JPG
    B11B66C8-316A-4447-BE08-9D681F854FE8.JPG
    383.3 KB · Views: 504
  • C8D32B64-8F7C-4E8D-85D3-154A540E02BD.JPG
    C8D32B64-8F7C-4E8D-85D3-154A540E02BD.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 500
Knowing me I’m sure I’ll be posting photos etc from today’s event if anyone is interested. Likewise when I get back home I can share photos via other methods. Most likely will be my Instagram account and maybe twitter. Both accounts are public

@Listen2Listen - Instagram and Twitter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.