Burning Amp 2018 Updates Thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
∿❡

Attachments

• D5903CAD-C36B-4615-9B61-C0455C01DCDE.JPG
    D5903CAD-C36B-4615-9B61-C0455C01DCDE.JPG
    492.8 KB · Views: 1,022
Number Two: That would be telling. We want information… information… .
Number Six
: You won't get it.
Number Two
: By hook or by crook, we will.
Number Six
: Who are you?
Number Two: The new Number Two.
Number Six
: Who is Number One? NP
Number Two: You are Number Six.
Number Six
: I am not a number! I am a free man!

...having great fun with NP's H2 board gifted at BAF'18! I have it looped into the tape monitor of a restored 70's era Luxman receiver playing through DIY Alchemy 8 Fusions.

It definitely adds nice depth to the otherwise rather flat soundfield of a 70's receiver that likely has lots of feedback allowing the antiquated claim of .0000001 distortion.
And, quite easy to A/B with the tape monitor button....

Thanks,
Mario

I still don't understand why, when reversing the speaker leads for out of phase connection, that the result is negative phase w/r/t fundamental) 2nd harmonic as opposed to positive phase 2nd when hooked up to speakers in phase. My logic tells me that the distortion would change phase with the fundamental and not reverse the relationship between the two....but who cares really? this is good fun.

...I still don't understand why, when reversing the speaker leads for out of phase connection, that the result is negative phase w/r/t fundamental) 2nd harmonic as opposed to positive phase 2nd when hooked up to speakers in phase. My logic tells me that the distortion would change phase with the fundamental and not reverse the relationship between the two....
I think it's easier to visualize if you just use a single cycle of fundamental frequency and its 2nd harmonic.

In the original one, you can see that both the high and low valleys correspond to low valleys of the 2nd harmonic. If you reverse the phase, you would note that the high and low valleys now correspond to HIGH valleys of the second harmonic:

attachment.php

So yes, both are reversed in phase, but that yields a different positive / negative relationship between the fundamental and 2nd harmonic.

Hope this helps,
Rafa.

Attachments

• InvertedPhase.png
    InvertedPhase.png
    36 KB · Views: 2,030
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.