Burning Amp 2016

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally! Uses for solo sj28 and 085 SiCs

Papa's talk made it sound like all I have to do now is find some complementary enhancement mode JFETs for use with all of the depletion mode SiCs I've collected over the last couple of years in order to make another great amp!

Did I understand correctly? If so, how do I go about that?

Papa's talk made it sound like all I have to do now is find some complementary enhancement mode JFETs for use with all of the depletion mode SiCs I've collected over the last couple of years in order to make another great amp!

Upon closer examination, I'm thinking I misread the schematic. the SJ28 won't work. :-(
Reading it sideways didn't help. :)

You understood correctly, but I would not marry so simply SiC and Silicone, they have different thermal properties!

However, his talk about augmented followers that he called Cascodes can be used literally. Several years ago I made my "Tower" room heater using such an approach, it sounded great!

I didn't hear the talk but the circuit is showing a p channel mosfet. Finding a suitable p channel jfet would be like finding a diamond.
Unless Papa has some secret we don't know then just use a regular mosfet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.