Built a monster! Need ideas for heatsink!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everybody, I built an amp that I designed and posted in a previous thread. It's supposed to handle almost 600 watts into 4 ohms. It uses a 5Kva power supply and the rails are +-80 volts. I can get up to 50 amps from the thing if I need to. Thing is, at idle, it runs just lukewarm, but when I crank it up a bit, things get hot fast. I know I don't have an adequate heatsink right now, but does anybody have suggestions on the right size to use for a 600W 4ohm amp with six o/t transistors per side??? Also, where's a good place to get heatsinks? I think I'll water cool it to save room later so that'll be easy and small, but I want a heatsink now so I can actually get some power out of this thing without worrying it's going to blow up. You know that a 5kva 160volt supply could produce a real fireworks show right?

Thanks, Duo...:cool:

Possible source for you

I won ebay auction for item #1757246329.
Look it up on ebay to see a picture.
Lots of smooth surface to mount power devices (18"x7.5" if I recall), and pre cut for mounting fans at each end.

The seller sold me an additional unit, and seemed to indicate that he has more of them.

You might want to try emailing him...

MR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.