• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Building an open embedded audio applicance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, I was aware of the BBB's inbuilt webserver, but you didn't mention exactly what that webserver application is. No wonder, it's very difficult to find information about it. Google tells me it's a basic socket server, possibly javascript, or possibly a python script.
Can it be adapted/modified to serve MPD album art? Very hard to tell.
I still think it makes sense to install lighttpd to serve MPD album art. This is known to work well with the MPDroid Android client.

The cape is actually not design to stand alone in this regard - the Cronus would come into play. :)

On the Cronus there is a B3 header for direct connection to B3 (up to 8 channels I2S) - there is also a header and uFLs for connection to B3SE (stereo).

Actually you really would not want to route multiple DACs (say for dual mono) with uFLs on the data lines without some serious thought. Because you also have to route the bit clock and word clock as well. That could get all kinds of messy.

I am looking for a proper solution to route signals from a 1.: teleporter (i2s to extern CD-pro transport) and 2.: waveIO or amanero via OTTO-II to a dual mono buffalo IIIse. I could connect the teleporter with short cable to one input of the OTTO-II and the waveIO with short (5 cm) uFL Cable to the other input. But the OTTO-II has only one set of uFL connectors for output. So far I have nor found a solution to connect right and left buffalo with uFL to one set of uFL connectors on OTTO-II. Would it be a viable way to use some sort of small "interconnect" Pcb with 1 set uFL on input side and slit the signals to 2 set uFL on output side. from there I could use again short uFL (5 cm) cable to the two buffalo.

The same problem goes for the BBB. As i do not want to build it in my dual mono dad enclosure. I would like to build it a external enclosure and connect it via teleporter to the dac. with teleport i could use 2 data lines, word clock and bit clock. but again i would have to split these 4 lines to both dacs (preferably with uFL).

I tried already "some serious thoughts" but got no result :(

What would be the best way to connect the extern BBB with capes to the dac. and what would be the best way to connect the signals internaly to a dual mono buffalo IIIse?

thank you for helping

Real world testing prompted us to make a few fundamental changes to the way the Rhea and Cronus work. Miero has been fantastic giving great feedback on the beta boards. The beta boards worked extremely well - but the final version will be even better thanks to this early testing.

Cheers!
Russ
Hi Russ,
Have been watching from the sideline with great interest over the year(s). Even-more-so with these fundamental changes? Hopefully, they are not too greatly impacting the availability milestone? :xfingers:

May be a few hints on the possible improvements based on the current beta testing?

Regards,
Chanh

Only good news as I see it - we will be opening orders soon. Beta boards were meant to prove the concepts (Hermes-Rhea-Cronus) - the production boards will bring them to fruition. :) I finished up the designs yesterday. We just have to work out logistics and costs are before we open up orders.

Cheers!
Russ
Excellent! That is indeed very good news. It's has been quite a journey :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.