building an amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
our professor asked us for our project to build an amplifier consisting of two pre-amplifiers with controlled voltage gain of 40 and 100 respectively and cascaded with a power amplifier using a class ab mosfet

i would like to use a common emitter (40) and common collector (100) as pre-amplifiers..

any suggestions on how can i build this one?. please

read up on the operation of common collector and common emitter amplifiers.
Particularly that common collector (=emitter follower) have a voltage gain of <1
These can be used as a buffer, but not as a voltage amplifier.

A gain of 40times (+32dB) is asking a lot from a single stage of common emitter amplifier.

My suggestion: learn how to do it, do it, write it up with proper attribution of sources. That is called education.

Alternatively, get someone else to tell you how to do it, get them to guide you minute by minute as you debug it, then write it up without mentioning all the help you received. That is politely called plagiarism; it used to be called cheating.

Assuming you want to take the first option, where are you starting from? It is difficult to advise you what to read until we know what you already understand.

Your fortunate you have such projects and your instructor maybe teaches you the characteristics and uses of MOSFET,

im already a graduating student but still only the basic characteristics are taught to us,..(is MOSFET amplifier expensive) we have made amplifiers but uses only MJ2955 and 2N3055 transistor... i think there are many more knowledge that is lacking to me... in the amplifier we build it cost me around 7 to 8K pesos..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.