• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Building a Chinese clone of ARC LS 10ish

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, I am an audio enthusiast, retired and therefore on a tightish budget. I like to keep my mind active and building kits etc is the way I do it.
I have already purchased this kit : Hi End AudioResearch ARC Tube Preamplifier XLR Balanced Or RCA Input&Output,12AU7/ECC83+ECC88/6DJ8 Preamp DIY Kit-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on AliExpress and was just wondering if anyone else has built one and what the sound quality was like.
I have purchased a Hammond transformer to power the pre.
Thanks in advance,
Gordon

Last edited:
Hi guys, I am an audio enthusiast, retired and therefore on a tightish budget. I like to keep my mind active and building kits etc is the way I do it.
I have already purchased this kit : Hi End AudioResearch ARC Tube Preamplifier XLR Balanced Or RCA Input&Output,12AU7/ECC83+ECC88/6DJ8 Preamp DIY Kit-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on AliExpress and was just wondering if anyone else has built one and what the sound quality was like.
I have purchased a Hammond transformer to power the pre.
Thanks in advance,
Gordon
Interesting to see that the demo version uses JJ tubes ..

Did you get shematics for the board ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.