Building a 1987 power amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There are many completed versions of the SSA. Look for Esperado's mods of the Crescendo. You should be able to incorporate the same changes without much difficulty using your present PCB. It will involve replacing some zeners with wire links and changing a few component values among a few other changes. These mods will change your amp from a Voltage Feedback Amp to a Current Feedback Amp. The small effort should be worth the while IMO.

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Will try but the thread is 300 odd pages long...

I wouldnt if I was you, I m still trying to figure out how it could possibly bias correctly, I think it does through sheer luck, see the cfb thread, many questions remain unanswered. There is ways such a input stage is viable with further development but it will need extra components too, stay with tested and tried design. Distortion of that amp is not nearly as good as stated, at high frequencies it is probably much worse than original crescendo.

So it looks like I have to choices, the original project or the C-Audio SR606.
Como vao as coisas ai em PT ?
How are things over there in Portugal ?

Ricardo
(Ric)

Attachments

• c-audio-sr-series-amplifier-schematics.pdf
    127.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.