Build DAC 15141A Analogmetric

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi colleagues,

I received the Analogmetric PCB for the DAC based on the IC TDA-15141A, and although you can also purchase the kit with the included components, did not feel like doing this. I do not feel comfortable if I lose control of the quality of the components that amount in my projects, and did not seem a good idea to follow this path.

I know the comments of many colleagues regarding the kit, and the problems that seem to contain :eek:, but I prefer to experiment on my own risk :rolleyes: ...

As documentation, I follow the manual of this downloaded from the website of Analogmetric kit, the datasheet information of each of the integrated circuits, and service manuals of various CD player manufacturer Philips, to avoid possible mines that may arise in my project.

As the Chinese saying goes, "Every great journey begins with a first step" and here have mine:

The PCB Analogmetric, is of exceptional quality, pride would say, heavy to the touch, made double sided and finished in a friendly color blue.

Yes, this has been a good first step, but also cheap 18$ :cheerful:

The project start riding six sinks, TO-220, and for perfect alignment first fixed a piece of wood on its front face, and on the same fixed every six sinks, so perfect alignment.

Previous coolers purchased from Asian distributors had a poor finish, scratches or marks metal edges and a poor drilling of screw holes for mounting this project have decided the following:

MC33261 HEATSINK TO220 / 16.7 218 ° C / W (Farnell P / N: 1710603)

Another decision I have taken is to electrically isolate the regulator IC your sink, riding Kapton insulation for this task.

Then board mounting rectifier diodes, and for that I decide that diodes will use in principle the PCB is expected to mount 6A10G, and view its features I see that it easily fulfills the needs of the assembly, they are robust, reliable and cheap ($ 0.5) so there is no need to change, and use a different thing ... different personal preference would be for a different flavor. I decided to mount this diode in particular:

6A10G DIODE, RECTIF, 100V, 6A, R-6 (Farnell P / N: 1863165)

Assembly effected by placing a small lath on which SITUO and fixed each diode, so that all bearing the same distance and height above the PCB

La siguiente decisión es acerca de los condensadores a emplear en mi proyecto... que flavour escoger: Wima vs Epcos, después de alguna reflexión he decidido montar Epcos, soy consciente de que cada cual tendrá sus preferencias particulares, pero a mi Epcos siempre me ha dado satisfacciones, y ninguna decepción. ¿Porque no continuar con Epcos?

El condensador considerado para la sección de alimentación es:

B32520-C3104-K CAPACITOR, 0.1UF, 250V (Farnell P/N: 9751211)

Los conectores son male-female, lo que permite la conexión-desconexión manteniendo los cables ordenados y fijados correctamente... permite la rotulación de los terminales en ambos conectores y son de fiabilidad a toda prueba. Se compran en un establecimiento local.

Current state assembly

Currently there are no problems with the assembly, and this is progressing well.

The next election are the four main capacitor power: in principle are provided 4700uF for each of them, but we can go reasonably to 40% more capacity without taking expected problems. In principle with the increase in capacity is decreased the curly power possible, but time driving power diodes is also reduced and thus the peak current that they must take .. can safely assume that the diode 6A10G successfully respond to this situation.

The condenser is finally selected Mundorf M-Lytic 6800uf / 40V requested from Germany, and it has the exact dimensions for installation on the PCB.

The capacitor has an adhesive strip to attach to the PCB and solder terminals allowing comfortably.

Currently there are no problems with the assembly, and this is progressing very well.

The project start riding six sinks, TO-220, and for perfect alignment first fixed a piece of wood on its front face, and on the same fixed every six sinks, so perfect alignment.

Previous coolers purchased from Asian distributors had a poor finish, scratches or marks metal edges and a poor drilling of screw holes for mounting this project have decided the following:

MC33261 HEATSINK TO220 / 16.7 218 ° C / W (Farnell P / N: 1710603)

Another decision I have taken is to electrically isolate the regulator IC your sink, riding Kapton insulation for this task.

Then board mounting rectifier diodes, and for that I decide that diodes will use in principle the PCB is expected to mount 6A10G, and view its features I see that it easily fulfills the needs of the assembly, they are robust, reliable and cheap ($ 0.5) so there is no need to change, and use a different thing ... different personal preference would be for a different flavor. I decided to mount this diode in particular:

6A10G DIODE, RECTIF, 100V, 6A, R-6 (Farnell P / N: 1863165)

Assembly effected by placing a small lath on which SITUO and fixed each diode, so that all bearing the same distance and height above the PCB

The next decision is about the capacitors to use in my project ... which flavor to choose: Wima vs Epcos, after some reflection I decided to mount Epcos, I am aware that everyone will have their particular preferences, but I always Epcos me he has given satisfaction, and no disappointment. Why not continue Epcos?

The capacitor considered for the feed section is:

B32520-C3104-K CAPACITOR, 0.1uF, 250V (Farnell P / N: 9751211)

Connectors are male-female, allowing the on-off keeping cables tidy and set correctly ... allows the labeling of the terminals at both connectors and are of proven reliability. They bought in a local store.

Current state assembly

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Currently there are no problems with the assembly, and this is progressing well.

Sorry, English is not my native language, and sometimes my mind goes into "local mode" and write without thinking in Spanish.

Last edited:
Now install the integrated circuit voltage regulators, which as I said before, will be electrically isolated from his sink by a sheet of Kapton and corresponding insulators, since riding Kapton, no thermal paste should be added. Voltage regulators have been selected:

LM317HVT V REG ADJ +1.2/57V, TO-220-3, 317 (Farnell P/N: 9486716)

LM337T V REG ADJ -1.2/37V, TO-220-3, 337 (Farnell P/N: 9489401)

And then 200R resistors (value where there is no any problem), since it is a typical installation to use the LM317-LM337 family. The resistance has been selected this Vishay Dale:

CMF50200R00FHEB RESISTOR, METAL FILM, 200 OHM, 250 MW (Farnell P / N: 1872067)

While the assembly at this point without finding any difficulty. As a curious comment that I like to cover the through holes that will not be used during assembly, because it facilitates cleaning the plate with alcohol and final varnishing.

Continued with the assembly of the potentiometers, watching their proper alignment.
The potentiometers are elected Manufacturer Bourns 25 tourns adjustment:

3296W-1-502LF TRIMMER, 25 TURN 5K (Farnell P / N: 9353291)

3296W-1-102LF TRIMMER, 25 TURN 1K (Farnell P / N: 9353158)

3296W-1-501LF TRIMMER, 25 TURN 500R (Farnell P / N: 9353283)

There these potenciomentros in tourns 12 and 25, but the latter allow a better adjustment of the output voltage to allow better control range.

the correct alignment of all components is ensured.

Then electrolytic output capacitors, the elect are the Panasonic series FC AEC-Q200, with an unbeatable value for money and great facilities are installed. Obviously there are other flavors, but their prices are much higher and its alleged sonic qualities are not measurable on my oscilloscope, so I prefer to apply the scientific method and evaluate what can be measured, for myself or my instrumental, besides their prices they are very convenient: 0.20 and 0.52 € each.

EEUFC1H101 CAPACITOR, RADIAL, 50V, 100UF (Farnell P / N: 1848464)

EEUFC1H100L CAP, ELECT ALU, 10UF, 50V, CAN (Farnell P / N: 1858182)

The voltage regulation SAA7220 is likewise ... I have not said before? NOS decidedly option is not for me.

With the feed section assembled (a circuit without any difficulty or problem at hand, no controversial in its design), beginning with the section of signal input.

We can use the IC CS8414, (only available in SMD with adapter) but I decided to mount the CS8412 I bought from a dealer in Germany, and I confensar, which is the only part of my project on which I have no traceable his Originally ... if it was not purchased in China, but do not know if it was manufactured by the "Crystal Corporation" or is a copy ...

In any case, I could not get in any dealer beyond doubt as Farnell and others. This I want to let explained.

An image of the input section for the signal:

The diagram proposed Analogmetric for signal input section, is quite reasonable, and in fact is based on the merger of two of the options that the manufacturer specified in the datasheet CS8412 IC.

No problem observed in this circuit ... blocking capacitors for electrical insulation and DC input source through transformer resistance 75R, and also the IC itself has a trigger Shmitt at its input terminals. Yes, this flavor is to my taste.

Well, amount baseboards, resistance 75R and input capacitors, resistors are also Vishay-Dale, and capacitor Cornell Dubilier:

CMF5075R000FHEB RESISTOR, METAL FILM, 75 OHM, 250 MW, 1% (Farnell P / N: 1872076)

150103J630BB CAPACITOR POLY FILM 0.01uF, 630V, 5%, AX (Farnell P / N: 5807220)

Continuous mounting section input signal and master clock. Since I have decided marketed by Tentlabs, not Chinese, and has a good reputation in the audio forums. Nothing finishes gold or snake oil here, only an accredited reputation that precedes it. It sure helps in the final outcome of the project.

The other IC to left is a 12-Stage Counter (IC 74HC4040) is a NXP from Farnell P/N: 380880

Obviously to install the IC SAA7220 I do not consider going to the NOS option, that's not a flavor for my taste.

I continue with the installation of SA 77220 digital filter and the basic assembly of capacitors TDA 1541A. I have no doubt about both integrated circuits since I have personally extracted a cd player Marantz CD-65 MKII.

The capacitor has been chosen manufacturer Epcos, in principle I bought 50 units to choose from including those resulting with exact values of 0.1uF, measured with a capacimeter, one by one.

B32520-C3104-K CAPACITOR, 0.1UF, 250V (Farnell P/N: 9751211)

It has always surprised me that Chinese vendors will continue selling these IC when by the original manufacturer Philips, production ceased decades ago ... I leave the manufacturer with an integrated stock for the next reincarnation ?. I do not believe it.

A view of the current state of my project.

In the L1 corresponding to the 5V digital filter choke, I added a couple of ferrite in their connections, and I'm considering doing the same with the rest of the chokes.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.