• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
During building my Buffalo Dac I made a stupid move and fatally damaged the Placid supply.
So I managed to buy another one and it was the 9th of February via First Class Mail, but it has never arrived.
So on Sunday (March 13) I managed to buy, another one (the third) via Express Mail International but I'm still waiting shipment. I've enquired a couple of times without reply.
I directly experianced the high level of professionality of TPA, well I don't know, I'd like to have an answer...and a Placid:bawling:

Regards
Gianluca

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I my experience these delays are normal to Italy. I think your packages will show up - both shipments. I did not loose anything yet and I have bought may times. There is no way of tracking the packages ones out of the US so Russ and Brian will have no answers for you. Blame Italian customs......

I know, but what happen if it doesn't show up?
Second, I don't know, but I thought that 1 week would be enough to ship a little package...the second package has not been sent yet (on ebay it would be unacceptable). I'd like to complete my work and all this delays are...Probably they have good reasons who knows.
Funny this converstation between Italians in english

ciao
g

Italian post is incredible, once I asked about a registered mail and they tole me that it was in a bunch of mail that vanish (sono svanite). Like it is normal.

Anyway, I have a question: do I need a special firmware for volumite to use dual mono ? It looks like the dip switch have no effect with the volumite. They work perfectly with the firmware on board.

Thanks,

Davide

Buffalo Registers and external controller

Gentlemen, I have built an external controller using an Arduino board for displaying some information from the Buffalo II registers. Everything matches the information in the datasheet for the 9018 except that I cannot get any useful information from the Channel Status Regs (48-71). Is there anything special that needs to be done to read these registers or is the datasheet not accurate in regards to these registers. Thanks...Mike DeAngelis

Davide,

You don't need a special firmware for the volumite for a dual mono BII. Are you sure you've done everything as described in the integration guide (found at Twisted Pear Audio Document Repository)? Pages 5 and 8 describe the changes to the boards and the Volumite.

Thanks, your document is really good. I was only relying on the manual that sometime is not enough.

Now everything is working.

By the way, dual mono makes a big difference.

BR,

Davide

I am running two buffalo II with one legato 2.0.

I am in the process to replace the linear PSU with Salas shunt.

On the Legato manual there are the current requirements, but these are for the Legato 1.

How much current should I give to the legato 2.0 ?
Does it change anything the fact that I am running double current ?
What's the contribution of the balliste ?

Additionally it looks my buffalo drain only 65 mA. Am I doing something wrong ? The manual says 290mA.

Thanks,

Davide

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.