• The swap meet forum is for private non-commercial transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BUF03 LDR Preamplifier DIY

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SOLD - BUF03 LDR Preamplifier DIY

I designed my own version of a BUF03 preamp driving a photocell. It features offset pots for all 4 BUF03 devices as well as L & R LED trim resistors to account for mismatched photocells. Also included is a power supply PCB with adjustable LT1085/LT1033 bipolar supplies and a separate 7805 LED supply. PCB includes the AC transformer. Also included in this deal is a 250k antilog pot for volume and a 1K linear balance pot.

If you researched this chip this is very similar to "The Truth" but with some refinements and better power supply.

The only reason I am selling is because this is a ZERO gain preamp and I found out the hard way that I need gain! Other than that, it is noise free and VERY transparent! Due to the non-linearity of photocells you may need to adjust the balance after a volume adjustment to re-center the stereo image but this is the nature of the beast unless you install your own matched photocells. I will provide schematics and wiring diagram for you to finish the project.

PS caps are Nichicon KW and local BUF caps are Panasonic FM.

Asking $250 plus shipping (~$14 USPS Medium flat rate box) to USA.

Attachments

• AXIOM.JPG
    AXIOM.JPG
    342.3 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.