Budget wave guide tweeter plans for 2.5 tower speaker upgrade - Peerless BC25SC06-04 1" Textile Dome Tweeter

I just finished up my Pinnacle Classic Gold Tower speaker XO and tweeter upgrade. I am so impressed with the budget tweeter I used that I wanted to share how I did it. I fried one of the OEM Vifa metal dome tweeters during testing with REW. Stupid me! Based on advice I received in the thread like at the end of this post, I was told to optimize a tweeter with the 8” woofer I should use a wave guide. Most of the recommended components were above my pay grade. My goal was to use a very efficient tweeter with an L-Pad that would work well with the two OEM 8” woofers in this 2.5 tower. I put the project aside. I then came across a the Peerless BC25SC06-04 1" Textile Dome Tweeter for $14 each that had a surprising flat response. The result, the Pinnacle towers now perform at a level that is way above my expectations and a the current moment they are my favorite speaker in my collection. I wanted to share so here is a basic plan for what I did and some additional info on this budget tweeter. I would love to hear back from anyone who gives this tweeter a try!

My previous thread on this project: https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...tion-for-a-2-5-using-2-8-inch-woofers.404675/

Attachments

• Peerless_Tweeter Specs.JPG
    Peerless_Tweeter Specs.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Peerless_Tweeter_7523_s.jpg
    Peerless_Tweeter_7523_s.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Plans.JPG
    Plans.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 27