BTL for my headhone Amp

Nice to meet you. I would like to introduce the unbalanced-to-balanced conversion circuit of the headphone amplifier I created.

Attachments

• Image_HD_PHONE.JPG
    Image_HD_PHONE.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 144
  • BTL.JPG
    BTL.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 99
Dear Mr. Jan Didden,

Thank you very much for your advice! I am truly grateful.

If R33 is not included, the feedback level will vary between the HOT and COLD sides, resulting in a phase shift in the high-frequency characteristics.

I am attaching the simulation results.

The purpose of this circuit design was to align the phase characteristics by maintaining the same feedback level.

As you rightly mentioned, removing R6 should not pose any issues. Thank you very much!

Yours Truly

ERI

P.S
I would like to add the following. This circuit can easily switch between an inverting amplifier and a non-inverting amplifier using terminal toggle switches, which is very convenient.”

Attachments

• BTL2.JPG
    BTL2.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Excellent! I learned something today. Well done.
One more question: that R33 does lower loop gain, so I would expect the top circuit to have higher distortion than the bottom circuit.
What is your opinion about that? Did you measure that?

Jan
Thank you for sharing your perspective. We hadn’t considered comparing distortions, so I conducted a simple simulation. I will upload the results for your reference. It appears that Both the HOT side and the COLD side appear to have nearly identical characteristics.

Best regards.

ERI
FFT.JPG

Hello everyone,

I am uploading the basic circuit diagram for this headphone amplifier. Additionally, I am planning to introduce this headphone amplifier at a gathering of enthusiasts in Tokyo later this month.

Sincerely,ERI

Attachments

• HD_DIY_AUDIO.JPG
    HD_DIY_AUDIO.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 36