Bryston 28B SST2, anyone interested?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bryston 28B SST2 Cloning, anyone interested?

Hi folks, my roommate and I gonna diy a pair of speakers (volt bass/midrange + sea tweeters) and we also wanna diy the amp, what we think is cloning the Bryston B28 SST2 since Bryston releases the schematics at their site and the drivers of our speakers are simliar to PMC, well, I just read the pdf for a few times.

Here are some parts in the B25 SS2:

MJL21993 * 16 per channel
MJL21994 * 16 per ch
MJE15035 * 2 per ch
MJE15034 * 2 per ch
MJE15030 * 2 per ch
MJE15031 * 2 per ch
2kva toroidal tranny * 1 per ch

But I still don't know the more details about that amp, such as the bias point...Hope we could discuss here. thx.

Attachments

• 28BSST2_SCHEMATICS.pdf
    135.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
But I still don't know the more details about that amp, such as the bias point...Hope we could discuss here. thx
Sounds like you have little or no experience design/building audio power amplifiers. You want to start at the top instead of the bottom = bad idea.
You want to use a 2kVA transformer for an amp to drive a single pair of speakers? = wow, some kinda speakers you got their?
Thus, I suggest to try something a fair bit simpler and something where you will have some support from Forum members who have verified existing designs. Take a look at Apex or Slewmaster designs, much better chance of getting a working amp.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.