Broken tweeter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello! I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my tweeter. There is a pot to adjust the tweeter level and then it started to scratch more and more. I had to turn it up and down to find a spot that the tweeter was actually working. Then it just stopped working. It was obvious to me that it was just a broken pot, so I replaced it. However, the tweeter is still not working. :( What could that be? Could the broken pot break something else? I guess there is a crossover in there since it is a 3-way speaker? Could it be broken? Should I replace the tweeter itself?

Mine is not fancy at all (Sony SS-G3). In fact, I found those speakers in the garbage a few years ago :p They work fine though. They are not high end speakers, but they do not sound like crap. Just a rich guy that probably bought a better pair and threw them away. I just got a IQAudio Pi-DAC+ and Pi-Amp+ on my Raspberry Pi to replace my old and cheap amp that was falling appart. I still think it would be a good upgrade to hook better speakers on my new amp+dac. Some day...

tmp_835-DSC_0881939795839.jpg

tmp_835-DSC_08802115184223.jpg

tmp_835-DSC_0878-428511257.jpg

Here they are

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.