Broken Amp6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

cigma

2013-04-21 8:44 am
Hi!
I was unable to register at 41hz so I'll post my problem here instead.

I am building a boominator (Great design Saturnus!) for all the summers festivals. I bought an amp6 from 41hz and I put it in a modified metal casing. When i was done with the building of the boominator and only hade exterior jobs left, such as painting and mounting of solarpanels.

I decided to temporarily plug the amp in so I could play while doing the rest of the work. Everything sounded great and loud as I expected:). But after two days I was going to going to start the amp, what I didn't see was that the 3.5mm(aux) cable was lying on the backside of the on/off button when I turned it on. A small spark between the aux and the on/off cable got me really nervous. I openen the metal casing and I saw smoke and it smelled burned.

I took it down to our local home electronics guru but all he found out was that a metal film on the circuit board hade burned up. He bypassed that with a small cable and he told me that he couldn't see if the chip was intact or not. I took it back home but it didn't work, no sound, humming or no nothing.

Since the Amp6 isn't that expensive but not that cheap to just buy another I was thinking of troubleshooting it myself first. I tried to look at 41hz but I couldn't figure out what to look for.

Long story short:
Short-circuit my auxillary jack with power from 12v battery and I don't know what the problem is.

Do you guys have any idea of what it is?

Best Regards
Cigma

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.