Brisbane meet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well we got a Brisbane speaker builder’s meet going today – opps perhaps Fathers Day wasn’t a good choice as we only ended up with four. Where did you other guys get to … we know who you are.

So perhaps Rob or Mike might at their 10c worth, in the meantime here’s a few pictures etc

http://www.greenie512.net/greenie512/html/meet_02_10_07.html

Attachments

• meet01.jpg
    meet01.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 654
although Numbers are good, don't worry too much, the main point is that it happened. great stuff.

A little description of the stuff in the photos?? It was obviously held at s/ones place, much better than a hall somewhere I'd assume.

The first step is the hardest, and Fathers Day in retrospect might not have been the best choice for maximizing numbers, so the omens for the next are better.

terry j said:

A little description of the stuff in the photos?? It was obviously held at s/ones place, much better than a hall somewhere I'd assume.

Terry, yes at my place, I did a brief list on the web page listed above and for further details of each speaker just have a look around that site. Doug will add some of his own musings later tonight.

Cheers - Phil

Phil, thanks for your hospitality and it was good to meet Doug, Mike and yourself and experience some new styles of speakers and new new styles of music. As well as pick your brain on the cabinet assembly side of things.

The hour and a quarter drive each way was well worth it.

I live at Joyner (near Strathpine) on the north side.

It might have only been an hour long drive to get there if I hadn't missed the turn off :xeye: (and then the one after that as well) and for some reason, the Ipswich motorway was pretty chockas going home as well (and the truck gets along quite alright thank you very much - as long as there's no head wind, but its good for collecting sheets of mdf and the like).

Madmutt, if you live so close, then you have even less of an excuse for not being there ;)

MadMutt said:
Yup, Almost no excusses.
I neeeeed some sort of outlet for my hobbies.
I've put to many parts of my life on hold for too long.

By all means. Get busy. Make sawdust! :)

We don't have a date for the next meet yet. (We have to go make something to listen to!)

I'm definitely up to continue the meetings.

Doug

Thanks to John Pham for loaning his Valve amp. It was a real treat.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
greenie512 said:
Well we got a Brisbane speaker builder’s meet going today – opps perhaps Fathers Day wasn’t a good choice

Good to see another diyFest getting off the ground... and i guess Father's day isn't a set date round the world... here it is in June. Tomorrow is labour day... (ie end of summer)

Just too much to listen to in one session.

Think how challenging it will get when attendance climbs :)

What driverrs in the OBs? And the JB3s?

dave

Re: Re: Brisbane meet

planet10 said:

Good to see another diyFest getting off the ground... and i guess Father's day isn't a set date round the world... here it is in June. Tomorrow is labour day... (ie end of summer)

Think how challenging it will get when attendance climbs :)

What driverrs in the OBs?

dave

The OB's were mine.
They have Peak 8CX50's.
3 pieces of MDF, 1 piano hinge, 1 rectangle of low pile carpet glued on the rear of the baffle.
Picture shows baffle with drivers removed for transport.

... SWEEEEET!

Doug

Attachments

• obs small.jpg
    obs small.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 479
Guys – I’m still unwiring/rewiring the lounge and I think I’ve done my back in lifting all those speakers and John’s 25 kilo tube amp.

We’ll no doubt run another in the future – perhaps nearer Christmas? If you have the slightest interest and live within driving distance of Brisbane drop me or Doug an email and we’ll contact you once anything gets developed.

Phil – removethisphil.greenwood AT byindex dot net
Doug – removethisdwait AT bigpond dot com

Cheers - Phil

address correction

greenie512 said:
We’ll no doubt run another in the future – perhaps nearer Christmas? If you have the slightest interest and live within driving distance of Brisbane drop me or Doug an email and we’ll contact you once anything gets developed.

Phil – removethisphil.greenwood AT byindex dot net

Cheers - Phil

correct address: removethisdwait at bigpond dot NET dot AU

"I love the smell of SAWDUST in the morning!"

cheers Doug

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.