bridged amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, here's one for the books... or my mind, anyway.

I have been listening with delight to a car stereo power amp. I have slightly modified it for better performance. I replaced the cheap op-amps for bifet op-amps, and run thicker wire from the B+ and B- to their respective places, and high quality speaker wire from the junctions of the output transistor resistors to the speaker terminals. The sound is nothing less than incredible. I am a tube amp enthusiast, but also have and made some solid state. But I have never really listened to a bridged amp before. This thing bridged sounds almost like a tube amp. Warm mids, clear unfrilly or unsibilancey highs, and good well defined bass.

I inadvertently left one chanel not quite properly heat sinked, so I think I blew open one of the transistors. But I can still use one channel as two separate ones.

Doesn't sound quite as good!

My question:

Since push pull cancels even order harmonic distortions, does bridging cancel out odd order harmonic distortions?

The sound is quite good!

Gabe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.