Bracing?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is a cabinet I'm working on currently, this is a high amount of bracing obviously but if you did one or two elements like this you'd be fine. Ron E's suggestion is a good one.

e2b0b8601de2cc066e74c82a67a13d5b.jpg

04c37cba2bfee2d55fbfc1d6c818d4ca.jpg

Key is to reduce and dampen cabinet wall resonances as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cabinet construction

If you haven't already built the cabinets, some design software might be helpful.

Jeff Bagby's Software Page

The Woofer Box & Cabinet Designer and Baffle Diffraction programs will be especially helpful. I'd use at least on brace, placed vertically about 2/3rds of the way back from the front, that would amount to one sheet of 1/2" MDF or Baltic Birch with a large oval cutout in the center. Leave about 1" all the way around so there's contact with the sides, top, and bottom of the enclosure.

I'd use at least on brace, placed vertically about 2/3rds of the way back from the front, that would amount to one sheet of 1/2" MDF or Baltic Birch with a large oval cutout in the center. Leave about 1" all the way around so there's contact with the sides, top, and bottom of the enclosure.

Dick great advice, i'd add to keep a central strut across the approx middle of the opening to add a substantial amount of dampening vs. a complete opening.

Can easily be located between the woofer and tweeter. Two large circular cutouts in the bracing panel is also a great way to go.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.