• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BPA300 Round 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
juluska&shmulik spirit....

:D :D :D

how about measure the caps? There´s some Digital Multimeters can give (at least) an idea of the value... as they do not measure any caps too close to be good... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SMD caps are this way, majority of them are not valued. I´ve never saw a ceramic SMD cap with any type of mark on them.

Regards to all.

Hisatugo

you are too soft!

you are lucky to have any capacitors at all!
I explicitly asked Rhys to mark the capacitors (originally he was to SOLDER it), and what I got? no boards neither capacitors!
That is what I call rich man's problems.
I'll stop trashing the thread, I just don't know where to lead my frustration to.

Hi everyone, i have now arrived back at home. tryonziess i am preparing that list for you at the moment, it should be ready shortly, just in the process of digging out all the address's.

Hisatugo i can send you both brazilian packages no problem, i will send you the postal address's required shortly.

:eek: sorry about the SMD capacitors, i did not think to mark them as i measure everything with a capacimeter, idiotic mistake on my behalf.

I will look at the capacitors and see if i can find any kind of diffrence visual between the values.

Rhysh,
Would there be any advantage/disadvantage to use standard silver mica caps for the small SMD components. I had read somewhere on this forum that SMD capacitors could not provide the degree of performance that the larger items could achieve. This was in relation to chip IC's where the incredibly small capacitors were inferior. There seems to be more than adequate room to solder in a radial cap.

I will be waiting on the arrival of the wiki list. I was able to ship out 4 boards at a cost of only 2.09. I do not think this will break me. There are only about 10 orders to fill. They went to Finneybear in sunny California. If other U.S. members would respond we could wrap this up.

Tad

Balanced Line Drivers

Just a quick notice, i can not provide any more DRV134 boards, i have ran out (apart from the ones which have allready been payed for of course). Im going to be working on a revision soon, using a diffrent method for creating the inverted signal.

One step at a time though..

tryonziess said:
Rhysh,
Would there be any advantage/disadvantage to use standard silver mica caps for the small SMD components. I had read somewhere on this forum that SMD capacitors could not provide the degree of performance that the larger items could achieve. This was in relation to chip IC's where the incredibly small capacitors were inferior. There seems to be more than adequate room to solder in a radial cap.

I will be waiting on the arrival of the wiki list. I was able to ship out 4 boards at a cost of only 2.09. I do not think this will break me. There are only about 10 orders to fill. They went to Finneybear in sunny California. If other U.S. members would respond we could wrap this up.

Tad

Without testing this myself, i couldnt really tell you if there would be any audible advantages / disadvantages.

I would imagine that you would not really notice any diffrence, i have allways used the SMD caps and it has sounded great.

I doubt the mica caps would be inferior to the SMD caps in this situation, so if you wish to use them i would go ahead!

Re: Shipping. Tad, if you could update the wiki once somthing has been shipped that would be great. Im still digging out the addresses amongst other things but i should not be long.

Worse case you can always throw the caps in a RC circuit and measure tau if you have an o-scope.....and an AC power source... Pain in the butt, but another way.

Rhysh can I please get a ship date for my kit? I also don't have a meter for measuring SMD caps, so labeling the caps would be nice...that and signature required post...

kraljmatjaz said:
I'm sorry to ask again, but did you send the boards on mai 26th?

Boris

Same question for me but I am not sorry to ask any more .. You had promised to ship the 26th and has confirmed several times both here and in PM that you have shipped. However, I have got nothing .. so obviously your information was wrong or do you have a better explanation .. ?

-Jan

Halo,
I will get your boards out today. The reason so many are still here is I do not have payment confirmation. I do not have access to Rhysh's paypal receipts, and rightly so. Anyway I shall take most of you at face and mail out if provided the proper address.
I remember you sending me your stuff a week ago I was just waiting for confirmation. You have been patient and waited long enough like myself. Tad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.