• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BPA300 Round 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Rhysh,
Would you be willing to share the software program for the chip attenuator. I can program the chip I am just to dumb to learn how to write code. Or maybe too old.

Have any of you guys taken a close look at the Jeff Rowland amp from which this clone comes from. The innards of that amplifier are impeccable. The layout and organisation are superb. I really like the big output buss which is running above the board in front. It seems to be covered in epoxy or some thick paint. The tension bar for the chips is nicely machined. No wonder they cost 6800.00 dollars U.S. Lets see some of this kind of work in these amps.

Tad

So after looking at Shine7's page about the Lundahl trafo's I am not sure that would be good in my system as I don't use an active preamp. I am going from a PC via USB into a Buffalo32 then either single ended or XLR depending on the amp.

On another note where is everyone going to source the big caps from?

Rhysh,
I have the programming material I just need the software to control the pga2310 device. You are using the Atmel chip, correct? The same code should work with the Pic device if not I will get an Atmel chip.

If I am to expedite these boards to the faithful I will need the names, addresses, number of boards purchased. I have 30 boards. Somehow that number does not quite fit. Do you not need 4 boards minimum for a stereo amp? It is possible someone wishes to build a BPA 150.

To those out there who propose to construct this thing. Remember using one board per channel still makes a very nice amplifier. That is 3 lm3886 chips per channel which will run fairly efficient speakers real hard. The balanced/bridged option is what Jeff Rowland choose. You do not have to adhere to it. Two boards in parallel, per channel, should drive 2 ohm speaker loads. Do not take this to the bank I am only speculating. A little help here AndrewT.

Tad

Rhysh, I have the programming material I just need the software to control the pga2310 device. You are using the Atmel chip, correct? The same code should work with the Pic device if not I will get an Atmel chip.

I am using the amtel chip, you will need the matching chip for my software to work.

If I am to expedite these boards to the faithful I will need the names, addresses, number of boards purchased. I have 30 boards. Somehow that number does not quite fit. Do you not need 4 boards minimum for a stereo amp? It is possible someone wishes to build a BPA 150.

I will get those to you tonight, i intended to do this yesterday but i never got round to it. You need 4 boards for a stereo amp, but some people have bought strange numbers.

Newark in the US has Rifa 47KuF / 40VDC @ 23.78 a piece. I am going to call to see what 25 would run for unit price? Who is interested I need 4!

EDIT
25 Peices brings it down to $21.78 a piece! Newark ships these from Farnell and puts a $20.00 overhead on the order so it would be 22.60 a piece if we order 25 pieces or more. I'll organize a group buy if peeps are interested.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.