BOZ chassis?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jonp:
Looks good. I ordered their literature package to see what they have. Thanks.

Nelson:
Wow, that is a bit of a change from the chassis' over yours I have seen :) The name of your products normally brings to mind something involving a very large heatsink :) Definitly something I'll think about. With such a simple topology in the BOSOZ, wood would complement it well. Thanks for the tip :)

Mach_Y said:
No need to be rude, I merely asked for suggestions on what others have done. Thanks for the sincere warm welcome to the board Super_BQ.
I think Super_BQ's intent was to be encouraging, not rude.

Wooden enclosures: I've been thinking about this recently too. Considering my bro-in-law is a finishing carpenter, you'd think I'd have thought of it sooner...
There have been some examples of wooden enclosures on the Headwize site (headwize.com).

Sescom enclosure are great

Try a Sescom 8 1/2 by 14 by 3 1/2 high. Model mc15a. They are heavy aluminum, black top bottom and sides. Natural alum. front and rear. I have my BOZ in one with the transformer bolted to the rear. You can go to lowes or home depot and buy chrome rack handles 3" length, made for kitchen cabinets, and bolt them on each side of the front panel. It looks great. Go to Sescom, and download there enclosure catalog. They have utility, rack chassis, metal box,(mc series that I think look best), and others.
mg16

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
he Plitron folks who supply transformers for many of our projects
also show a tube type chassis that looks gorgeous.
It's $200, but huge, made of 1/8" aluminum with a 3/8 alu anodized faceplate. For Pass projects, the heatsinks can be mounted where the tubes were intended to mount. The chassis
is unpunched. I haven't asked if they are still available, but they
look like a bargain at the price, albeit not cheap

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.