BoxCAD by Bodzio-How Good Is It?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
I intend to purchase the Sooundeasy package largely for the BoxCAD which comes with it. I might possibly be able to get hold of v 16, but if not will buy new if BoxCAD does what I think it might. I am interested in the measuring capability as well, of course, but the design is my primary concern.

A) Can BoxCAD really give you a frequency and impedance graph for just about any enclosure, including enclosures with multiple chambers in the front and back?

B) Can it model transmission lines and take into account transmission line action in structures which are much longer than their cross sectional area?

C) Can it model horns?

B) and C) are not deal breakers, just like to know if the program can do these. I am extremely interested in the advantages of unique enclosures and want to make sure BoxCAD can model them.

Any advice in this area is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.