Bought a 21 inch sub from Pyle.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well i guess the picture is deceiving it looks like the speaker baffle is recessed an inch or so which would accommodate a 5/8 or 3/4 inch thick frame on which you could mount a layer of mesh screen (wish i had a picture of the stuff i use) and then your finish cloth. if screws to mount this **** you off try velcro strips.
i guess that for me a tough grill to prevent transport and drunken patron damage is important.

The grill cloth was very stretchy which I found disturbing.
However I found if i pulled it really tight it did stop me pushing my hand through to the cone.

I must admit in the past I have used grill cloth frames.
There is only 3/4 inch recess so the wood for the frame would be very thin and fragile.
It would rpobably snap if I pulled the grill cloth tight over it.

To move the speaker is really a two man job unless it is being rolled on its castors.
I have a handle on each side to pull/push it from.

Parameters for these are way off spec. If they haven't changed, Fs was typically about 30 Hz, Qts around 0.7. Would be good for IB, although I seem to remember a Parts-Express reviewer who did a small comparison with other woofers in this application said otherwise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.