Bose humor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
jleaman said:
I drove in a jag with the V12 in it. Fast smooth car well built. What kinda car did you get cal ? must have been a lemon. : O )
Best Jag I ever drove (and one of the best sedans period) was an XJ6 with an alloy injected big block Chev transplanted. 450 odd HP and 550lb-ft (+150kg lighter) meant it finally went as good as it looked, and didn't break down constantly.

I understand that Bose is actually in the process of Patenting the term
Bose Humor.
SO watch out:D
However, there would be no issue if the forum was based in Australia or the UK where it would be entitled
Bose Humour.
DOn't worry though, its all part of Bose's plan for world domination.
First, copyright or patent every number, letter and combination there-of so that no other manufacturers can call their product anything, or nothing. Having said that "nothing" will be under a patent held by Bose, so you couldn't call your product "nothing"....:clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:

A person that I know just purchased one of those Bose 5 cubes, 1 woofer and player set ups. It did not sound bad, just very mediocre and shockingly over priced. I guess we have all fallen for a good sales pitch at some time in our lives.
After listening to it I crossed my fingers behind my back and said - Yes, very nice. Sometimes it's hard to be truthfull.

thoriated said:
The 901 wasn't an exceptionally good speaker compared to its contemporaries in the market when it was introduced, lacking bass, treble and imaging. It's simply not good enough to deserve 'classic' status today, regardless of how successful Bose's marketing might be.

Are we referring to the "revered" direct reflecting concept which could then apparently be turned around, remove a driver, paint it black and voila, you have a sound reinforcement speaker! We used to stack 'em about 4 high, at that point you got some wild coupling.

They also produced a "pro" amp at one time, this boat anchor delivered about 400WPC out of 4 rack spaces and was about 24" deep. It had cooling fans so noisy that they could be heard in the audience! It also had viciously sharp heatsinks on the side, I guess this was all needed due to the "equalizer" boosting 150Hz and lower about 16db. Aah happy days.

But once again, Bose has come to the rescue of poor musicians whoose purity of sound has been destroyed by the likes of me and my compatriots. For only $1,900 you can get one of these and fire that nasty old sound guy with all his nasty, heavy equipment.

P

Attachments

• p_l1single_l_b.jpg
    p_l1single_l_b.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 286
I remember when there wasnt a bar or disco without 901's hanging in the corners.

Who knows, had they been Infinity's, i might have been sitting in the corner instead of watching girls.

Quaint: having a beer in a bar never tasted the same after they ripped the 901's from the ceiling.
Maybe i should convince myself the Boses are still there but so small they are not visible.
Bartender ! Get me loaded !

philipbarrett said:

But once again, Bose has come to the rescue of poor musicians whoose purity of sound has been destroyed by the likes of me and my compatriots. For only $1,900 you can get one of these and fire that nasty old sound guy with all his nasty, heavy equipment.

P

I went play with one of these the other day... Again Bose has, in MY OPINION, a neat concept but a poor execution.

DISCLAIMER:
Opinions vary with mileage, your mileage may differ. Please see the waitress if you have an issue with your meal and remember to keep all hands and feet inside the ride at all times....

I just thought it amusing that Bose could come out with all this direct-reflecting marketing pseudo science and then completely turn the theory on it's head and sell it as a different product.

Although, who do you think has made the most money selling audio gear? My vote goes for Dr. Bose & Hartley Peavey. Got to admire them for something!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.