Boost converters & amplifiers & batteries

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I am getting ready to write an instructables tutorial (as well as posting it here), but I want to research a topic that has bugged me.

I have been part of a collective that merges numerous sound systems during outdoor events to make street dance parties. In this case, on bicycles. I have had such success with small tripath amps and SLA batteries that I would like to share my efforts with others that would like to join our sound system/dance parties.

Heres my problem. The wonderful little 2020 tripath amplifier is not very loud for outdoor sound. But the amazing tk2050 class d amps are quite loud. But 24v batteries are expensive and difficult for beginners.

My instructables project will be a pennier style sound system that sits on the rear bike rack of any bicycle, and with a $9 pair of used 1990 bookshelf speakers, the little 2020 tripath amps sound great but quiet. The same cheap speakers run on 24v (twin SLA batteries)and the tk2050 amp is extremely loud. And very useful making our street parties dance. Those amps can be had by the company Sure for $40 for a 2 channel, or knock offs for around $25. They sound wonderful and are nearly 4 times louder than any 12v amp I can find.

Heres the question. Can I use a voltage boost converter in line with a 12v battery with any success? Or can people help brainstorm on how I can simplify this situation. Twin batteries are expensive and difficult to charge, but mostly expensive.

I'd be willing to let go of some sound quality, for some easy, portable higher voltage.

Also, I wonder if a 100 watt cheap inverter could help out in any way.

Thanks so much, and sorry for the long winded question~

Tor

Heres the question. Can I use a voltage boost converter in line with a 12v battery with any success? Or can people help brainstorm on how I can simplify this situation. Twin batteries are expensive and difficult to charge, but mostly expensive.
Boostor is an example of such a converter. It is a cheap, low-tech charge pump converter that can be built with a few common components and delivers in excess of 150W of useful DC output.
It may not boast a 95% efficiency figure, but it is reliable and tolerant.

In its original version, it delivers +/-22V under load, but if you skip most of the multiplier stages, you will get about +/-12V out

hello. I seek to achieve the same thing as you.

First scheme is that:
http://diyaudioprojects.com/Tubes/12AX7_Preamp/F02psschematic.jpg

but MOS transistor will be IRFZ44.
I want to get out of it 150W

The only thing I fear is that it will put more noise in the car circuit. Help me. Is it so?
I think that in classic push-pull scheme, like Elliott, 12V noise is lower.
I think a large value of noise in the car electrical system, can damage the car's onboard equipment

Over the windings of coil, I want to do another winding to have dual voltage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.