Bonjour

Hi everyone and regards from Paris (misleading pseudonym I know). Long time lurker here whom never bothered to register as I didn't feel I had anything to contribute, especially being an audio newbie that found a sudden interest (or rather, urge) to come in possession of a good sounding mic (for work), then excellent headphones and finally drifted into vintage amps due to an obsessive nature for anything unknown and intellectually arousing. This tendancy to propel myself head first into any rabbit hole I come across has previously led me to build a DIY joystick from a hacked Xbox pad and Japanase hardware (Sanwa stick! Seimitsu buttons!), a mechanical keyboard with an obscure 72% PCB produced by a Korean amateur with some vintage-looking double-shot keycaps ordered as part of a group buy that took 18 months to produce (R5 anyone?) and an oak-tanned bull leather belt among other things. I am also bad with punctuation with an obnoxious tendancy to write unnecessarily long sentences, which I was repeatedly told was mentally exhausting. Coming to think of it this would probably my defining characteristic and should any mod venture this deep into my intro thread please feel free to rename my profile to "ExhaustingPhil".

Anyway I still don't have anything to contribute, but having recently purchased my first vintage amp (yay!) that has experienced a rather critical capacitor failure (booo) I come to thee in dire need of help 'cause I don't have the faintest idea of what I'm doing.
I'm already thinking about making an amp and obviously the lure of DIY resonates strongly within this one, but since I have found the one in a thousand WAF-compliant amp I'd like to fix what I have first, plus I figure it'll be good practice.

TL;DR: French dude, happy to be here.