Bob Cordell 'Klever Klipper'

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, :)
I am learning the ins and outs of schematics/PCB software (KiCad) and using Bob Cordell's 'suoer gain clone' as a learning project.
This time, in this iteration, I intend to use mre SMT components and implement the 'Klever Klipper' circuit from his book.
The problem I have is that it is not really clear to me as to how the klipper (page 369) circuit is inserted in the circuit shown on page 540 (fig 27.3) .
It shows that the circuit is inserted betweenR6 and R7 which form the coupling resistor between buffer and first inverter...

Anyone has built this thing?
Worth it?

Thanks, Luc

Looks to me the Klever Klipper is inserted at that point in the signal path. Soft clipping means non linearity at higher powers (more distortion) as shown on Figure 17.5 although you'd be near clipping before THD would be enough to be audible anyway. I'd be inclined to leave the extra complication out. If you run into audible clipping too often, I'd say you need a more powerful amp.

If you want to use the KK, try contacting Bob at his site, cordellaudio.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.