Bob and Alice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes when they first implemented the GPS satellite network there were many that didn't believe about what Einstein had predicted. As a result they included a switch that would bypass all of the compensations necessary to account for the relativistic effects between the satellites, up in space, and us, down on the planet.

With the compensation disabled the satellite network was completely useless. With the compensations, predicted by Einstein, turned on, it worked beautifully.

I was involved with early GPS systems & clock sources & correlators (albeit as a technician) and *we* had no switch. Nor have I ever heard about it from colleagues or come across it in the literature. I'd love to read more. Perhaps you can provide a reference?

I was involved with early GPS systems & clock sources & correlators (albeit as a technician) and *we* had no switch. Nor have I ever heard about it from colleagues or come across it in the literature. I'd love to read more. Perhaps you can provide a reference?

Sounds like folklore, the thought that the entire system could be in a state of rolling it out without any idea is ludicrous.

-

Do any untainted results exist of any SR or any relativistic 'news releases' ?

No, because none exist. So the burden of proof is on you sir.

This is the unfortunate 'house of cards' Einstein referred to; built upon Poincare, Lorentz, Faraday and Maxwell's hard work.

Personally, I took a year to focus on the origins of relativity and its influence on current scientific thinking. Many texts are available on this subject. You would benefit from reading one.

-

I would love to read one of these "many texts". Please provide one that you think does the best job of illustrating your beliefs.

Moving higher up the food chain now.

Do not perform this experiment.
It could have long term side effects, may cause injury or death.

It is provided for discussion only.
pdf attached.

-

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-13 at 10.11.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-13 at 10.11.14 PM.png
    219 KB · Views: 113
  • non-localPP-06-04.PDF
    88.4 KB · Views: 44
Moving higher up the food chain now.

Do not perform this experiment.
It could have long term side effects, may cause injury or death.

It is provided for discussion only.
pdf attached.

-
Paper title:
"Nonlocal Effects of Chemical Substances on the Brain Produced through Quantum Entanglement"

It sounds like another version of the human-thought-requires-quantum-physics claim as made by Roger Penrose in his book from 1989 (how time flies) book "The Emperor's New Mind."
Link to the original hardcover edition that I read way back when:
The Emperor's New Mind: Concerning Computers, Minds, and the Laws of Physics: Roger Penrose, Martin Gardner: 9780198519737: Amazon.com: Books

When I read the book I found the idea somewhat intriguing, but the author was unconvincing. I later read phycisists' reviews of the book, which were not nearly so nice.

I recall this idea has been discussed in a previous thread.

Paper title:

"Nonlocal Effects of Chemical Substances on the Brain Produced through Quantum Entanglement"

Same work as author of attached pdf ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

YouTube

And their web address (perhaps in a tie with Berkshire Hathaway for least use of markup in a website?)

Quantum Brain, Quantum Mind & Quantum Consciousness

With content by only two authors, principally it seems Huping Hu. His coauthor to all articles is his wife.

All journals he has been published in he is the editor of.

And the “Prespacetime Forum”

Yahoo! Groups

Which contains posts from only one author.

IMG_9275.JPG

Seems just a tad biased, no?

Also, if you need legal advice in NY his office is in Queens.

Last edited:
That is the source of some of the claims I've read about quantum entanglement.

What do we really know about quantum entanglement? We've observed it, so we know it happens. We don't know why it happens. We don't know the consequences.

I have heard some claims. QE explains consciousness. QE explains God. QE explains a whole lot of things we don't understand, and a lot of woo that we know is wrong.

But these are just claims. I'm excited about what we'll learn once we understand some aspects of QE. But we don't understand.

Science editors are somewhat to blame. People read stuff in Scientific American and to them it holds the same gravity as a peer reviewed (by credible peers, not quacks) white paper. They maybe don't understand how science really works, or maybe they wish that their pet woo is true.

Some of the claims might turn out to be true. I'll reserve judgement until real scientists present something.

Yes sure I'll gather a few that fit on the upload space.

-

I have two that can be put up here now.

There are many others. The Pappas armature and Graneau's publication of the error in field energy.

But is it my job to provide proof(s)?

Religous beliefs do not process contrary views logically.

For copyright reasons, I have omitted some pages.

Attachments

• 55675517-44A2-49DA-8A7B-B8F602E3A3FD.jpeg
    55675517-44A2-49DA-8A7B-B8F602E3A3FD.jpeg
    611.5 KB · Views: 90
  • A01A5CCE-F0B4-4340-8CE2-B4C1CF72C558.jpg
    A01A5CCE-F0B4-4340-8CE2-B4C1CF72C558.jpg
    571.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 6BB23E72-387C-4CF4-B1C4-9712D12C3EA6.jpeg
    6BB23E72-387C-4CF4-B1C4-9712D12C3EA6.jpeg
    678.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 679EF30D-C3EB-4BCA-B1F6-0883B22E5270.jpeg
    679EF30D-C3EB-4BCA-B1F6-0883B22E5270.jpeg
    820.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 8F743682-3B5B-4C78-9C40-D93BD63A5ED9.jpeg
    8F743682-3B5B-4C78-9C40-D93BD63A5ED9.jpeg
    811.1 KB · Views: 41
Same work as author of attached pdf ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

YouTube

And their web address (perhaps in a tie with Berkshire Hathaway for least use of markup in a website?)

Quantum Brain, Quantum Mind & Quantum Consciousness

With content by only two authors, principally it seems Huping Hu. His coauthor to all articles is his wife.

All journals he has been published in he is the editor of.

And the “Prespacetime Forum”

Yahoo! Groups

Which contains posts from only one author.

View attachment 680540

Seems just a tad biased, no?

Also, if you need legal advice in NY his office is in Queens.

Yes the more recent experiments change weight of remote samples. I know of an oil/gas company with a current project to reduce the weight of downhole crude for increased well production. It uses the same principle.

Its actually sort of passe science now.

-

Scientific realities are a matter of ethics? Do you have any ethical objections to gravity?

Do you realize that you are trying to peddle your idiotic woo to a forum of engineers, some of who undoubtedly use relativity to develop technology? Do you know how ignorant you are?

Unbelievable.

Had a minute to check and Engineering Ethics is still a required couse at TA&M ant UT.

So one person came forward that worked on the GPS project.
Of course his statement on the fabled 'switch' is completely ignored.

I've written thousands of lines of embedded firmware and such a switch is ridiculous.
Totally illogical, even not considering the added risk of dead code and more rad hard memory to fail.

-

Had a minute to check and Engineering Ethics is still a required couse at TA&M ant UT.

We all took it.

What is the breach of ethics you refer to? Please be specific.

So one person came forward that worked on the GPS project.
Of course his statement on the fabled 'switch' is completely ignored.

I never heard of the "switch" but if you think that modern satellite based navigation can work without correcting for relativistic effects, then you do not understand how they work and are unqualified to comment on them. Your comments can and will be interpreted in this context by everyone here until you demonstrate that relativity is false.

I've written thousands of lines of embedded firmware and such a switch is ridiculous.
Totally illogical, even not considering the added risk of dead code and more rad hard memory to fail.

Writing code is not my thing, but I do know that my computer can turn things on and off. I have also designed and built microprocessor controls. They turn things on and off. It is very simple.

What do we really know about quantum entanglement? We've observed it, so we know it happens. We don't know why it happens. We don't know the consequences.

We do know why quantum entanglement "happens" (it doesn't "happen", BTW, it's just a property/behavior of systems in which the quantum state cannot be factored as a product of states of its local constituents; and is broken when the constituents are decohered through interaction, as e.g. in the case of taking a measurement). We also know many consequences (most notable, the Bell inequality). Problem is, both are escaping our intuition and come against our macroscopic developed common sense. As you say, journalists are trying to model such a strange physical reality so that it fits our intuition and, while failing miserable, the net results are a) a wrong perception is created and b) way to many smatterers think they got it.

but if you think that modern satellite based navigation can work without correcting for relativistic effects, then you do not understand how they work and are unqualified to comment on them.

Wrong. Understanding is not a prerequisite for commenting, everybody is free to comment and show their full extent of ignorance.

Sadly, some people don't care they are making a fool of themselves, some have a vested interest in promoting their beliefs, and only a very few are honest ignorant, looking for a (better) understanding. Short of the fun of poking the hornet nest, only the last category is worth spending time with, everything else should be ignored. They usually end up isolating themselves in virtual communities of the likely minded, pretty harmless for the ROW.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Sounds like folklore, the thought that the entire system could be in a state of rolling it out without any idea is ludicrous.

I found my copy of the Boeing spec documents for GPS and they compensate for quasi Keplerian effects and gravitational harmonics as part of the time correction.
This was worked out very well with Einstein in mind probably by people from Cal or MIT certainly much smarter than Me. The signal can be degraded intentionally but my guess is the Military doesn’t care anymore.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.