BMS 12S330 - PLANS Help

Hi All,

FYI:

If you want to interface a Circular Stub to a Slot-Port: You should first calculate the equivalent Hydraulic Diameter for your intended Slot-Port Area and make equal to a corresponding Circular Entrance that is placed centered(middle)
to the Slot-Port if the Slot CSA Ratio is equal or less than 2/1 but if > than 2:1, consider to add Slot CSA Dividers.

Your suggested Slot has a CSA Aspect Ratio of 36.4/6= ~6.07/1 so in order to keep the Ratio below ~2/1 you need at least 3 Dividers:
Then 3 Circular Stubs should be used perpendicular to the 3 Dividing Slot Areas.
Always calculate the required Stuffing needed to control the Stub Q+anti Pressure Level and try to make the individual interfacing Stubs total Hydraulic Area as close as possible to the sum of the calculated Slot-Port Hydraulic input Areas/ # of divided Areas( Suggested here: # =3).
Tapering the Stub is also an option.
See the submitted example Picture where calculations are made to improve a Slot-Port that was too wide(=LF HOM Generator).

b :)

PS: I modified the HR simulation made by papasteack into a QW BR optimized for one Decade of BW; f-3 dB= ~24 Hz to f-6 dB at ~240 Hz.

Bjono,

Thanks so much for your response, my head exploded looking at the pictures you attached. I literally don't know where to start now. i cant seem to translate the math presented into the physical realm and how it reflects the physical aspects of the subwoofer port.. i need Layman's terms!

Sorry.. my guess is it will take too long to explain.

Thanks

Declan