Blue Planet Accoustics Speaker Kits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Blue Planet has a good rep. Being in Canada i haven't had an opportunity to deal with them thou.

BPA published the XO for the MArk Start in the Mark Audio #6 woofer/#3 tweeter thread.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/mark...woofer-1-silk-tweet-combo-13.html#post2219038 (looks like an image of the XO has replaced the schema)

Darcher in Tas can supply drivers & XO (or XO parts).

This thread ends up being about similar http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/143326-kit-australia.html

I've got the MTM cabinets for the MA 6" bass drivers. Need to install everything and devise an XO.

dave

I have heard most of their kits and know the guys pretty well.

All of their kits are very good. The designer has years of experience and I can assure you none of the speakers are thrown together.

The MarkStart kit is very impressive and an ideal candidate for introducing someone to what is possible in the DIY world.

BTW - they may have completed crossovers for this kit.

Hi Simon,

I have not yet purchased a kit, I am was hoping to compare the BPA kit with one to be offered by Creative Sound Solutions - Loudspeakers, Parts and DIY Speaker Kits using the same drivers, but creative are yet to release details of their kit.

I have found a forum where someone has built the bpa markstart kit (MarkStart Kit von Omnes Audio, Projekte der Nutzer / Nachbauten - HIFI-FORUM) , but you will need to translate if you do not read German (Google Translate).

Will post all details when I make the jump.

Hey there,

I'm from Germany and I made good experience with this dealer so far. Contact and customer service is ok, delivery had always been fast (in Germany).

As someone stated before, they are known as experienced developer. The reviews in the "Hifi Forum" on the "Mark Start" kit are positive.

I'm going to order the woofer which is used in this kit.

Regards, Alex

Hi, sorry if I'm resuscitating a old thread, but I've build a markstart earlyer this year and I can say that after a burn in period, I'm very impressed with the results.

The experience with Blue planet acoustics was very positive, shipping costs to Portugal unbeatable (free) packing and delay very good.

To be honest I don't like PE very much I ordered a 50W T amp from them some time ago started falling apart started clipping at higher volumes pity because it was nicely built otherwise didn't sound to bad.

Their standardised cabinets are as ugly as sin no finesse at all just mass market stuff - horses for courses as we brits say :)

Yeah I'm not sure why all the cabinet manufactures don't invest a bit more in developing for the DIY Market beats me, that's why I hold some respect with the guy's over in BluePlanet Acoustics Lautsprecher Selbstbau by blue planet acoustic apart from the nice little kits they put together the variety they offer means we have choices and they seem dedicated in bringing new stuff across although still it's all a bit basic. but they are thinking out of the box unlike companies like PE that are simply static with no development going on.

I'm going to try one of their smaller kits see how that pan's out next month it will be my first speaker build but hopefully not the last.

I more favour horn throwers or a semi open design which they have on their site but only a couple, be great if they started doing some weird and wonderful stuff new materials forms and equally focus more on the internal acoustics design as well, they got the basis of a good business but the draw back is they arn't cheap cheap !

Do you know anything about ''Mark Audio'' if their drivers are worth using Markaudio?

LB

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I am familiar with Falcon and had a (very) small hand in helping the fellow now running it in its resurrection from the dead.

When i worked hifi in the late 70s i sold a lot of the stuff from the original Falcon... they would really be flying if they could source a modern B139.

They don't do the kind of stuff i personally like but i aplaude what they are doing

I more favour horn throwers or a semi open design which they have on their site but only a couple, be great if they started doing some weird and wonderful stuff new materials forms and equally focus more on the internal acoustics design as well, they got the basis of a good business but the draw back is they arn't cheap cheap !

Do you know anything about ''Mark Audio'' if their drivers are worth using

In general i like the Mark Audio drivers, my favorites are the A7.3, EL70 and A6.2, the others are pretty good too.

Do you know about the Frugel-Horn Mk3? More or less open source and currently there are independent flat-pak manufacturers in North America (Canada), the UK, Australia, and The Netherlands.

Colin in the UK has done some of my designs and Ben in Oz is ocasionally instaling my treated drivers.

dave

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.